Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Log action in integration activity

Hi,

In a workflow in the User Application Integration Activity you can add "Log" actions that are supposed to log to either "System Output", "System Log" or "User Log".

But when I run my workflow I can't see that the log activity does anything.

I have to revert to using functions and calling Packages.java.lang.System.out.println() to get anything logged to the Tomcat log.

Does anybody know if this is supposed to work or not?

Using IDM 4.7.3 AE.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
rivey Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Log action in integration activity

I would check your logging settings.  With the default logging settings, which has many items set to "INFO", you should see your workflow as it moves from step to step in the catalina.out file for tomcat.  A log activity will be one of those transitions, it'll show moving to that activity, then will write in that file whatever you put there.

Also, if you put a value in the "comment" field, it will show up within the UI if you look at the history of that workflow.  You will have to toggle the pulldown menu to show "system" comments, but it should show up there as well.

Finally, if you check the "audit" option, it'll send that information over to the Sentinel for IGA service.  While I don't believe the OOTB reports show it, you could write one that leverages those data points if needed.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.