Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Looking for an IDM consultant in Melbourne..short contract..

Hi All,

Not sure if this is allowed, but I am chasing a IDM consultant in Melbourne. Australia for a short contract. Having problems finding someone available. Basically job is to move from a customized O365 driver to the Azure AD driver for one of my clients. Currently on IDM 4.7.1.

Please contact me off the forum -  mcurrie at laserfast dot com dot au.

Thanks.

Mark Currie

Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Mark,
I'm not sure, why you looking for a local person: IDM is a "remote-friendly" product. 🙂
Anyway, I believe that we have in Australia our IAM KP ScorpionSting (Ben Walter)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the plug @al_b , unfortunately full time with a consulting services company at the moment.

I suspect I know which client @mcurrie is talking about too...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I didn't know, that you changed your nick to Rehtael. 🙂
This is funny, but usually, when I saw "anonymized" recruiter posting about IAM tasks in our area, I know who is a client and what he looking for...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

The joys of a new SaaS community solution...pick something new, be reborn... 😂

I also had a look at their website (based on his email) and its a bit odd that a printer only company is trying to sub out IDM work... 😕

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The company I work for started doing Printer repairs... Now look at us, so you never know...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi (Rehtael),

Our website is terrible, and has no IT related information on it (it did previously, if you check the wayback machine) as apparently it put off other IT businesses from doing printer related business with us and they thought we would steal their clients, certainly not the case. I have been around the Novell/MF space in Melb for more than 20 years, worked for Novell circa late 90's/early 2000's. I could probably do it the job myself but I have not done any high level IDM for years.  Client has high security, and remote access is very heavily restricted, hence the request for a local resource.

Cheers,

Mark Currie

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I pointed one of our sales guys to this post the other day...but without client name we can't even consider any work (lots of hoops and jumps to work anywhere - independence).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Rehtael, thanks, but probably just looking for an independent or small consulting co. The previous consultants we have subbed in have taken on FT roles and not currently available. It is not a big job, we asked the previous company who did the original O365 driver to quote, but the cost was like 8x the original cost. If you can think of anyone it would be appreciated.. We also have some other IDM work for an education client on the books for the future as well. Thanks. Mark Currie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately all the IDM people I know work for IDM consulting companies (about 3) and its never a cheap exercise in this geo.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.