seba4 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Lotus notes driver - Subscriber not supported

I would like to configure Lotus notes driver with remote loader on Windows 7 x64 OS, but i have a problem "starting" driver.
Driver is running, but i don't receive any events. When i check logs, I have noticed that i get a warning: "Subscriber service channel not supported by drivershim"

Does anyone have any idea what could be a problem? Anyone had same problem?

Part of logs from remote Loader:
DirXML Log Event -------------------
Driver = \IDV\system\DriverSet\WebMail-Lotus
Thread = Subscriber
Level = success
Message = Remote driver successfully started
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.83]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Sending...
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.83]: TRACE: <nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
<output>
<status event-id="report status" level="success">Remote driver successfully started</status>
<init-params event-id="write-state"/>
<subscriber-service-supported type="capability">false</subscriber-service-supported>
</output>
</nds>
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.86]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Document sent.
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.86]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Subscriber service channel not supported by drivershim.
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.86]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Out-of-Band queries will be processed via subscriber channel.
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.86]:
Thread = Subscriber
Level = warning
Message = Subscriber service channel not supported by drivershim.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
AutomaticReply Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Lotus notes driver - Subscriber not supported

seba4,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

These forums are peer-to-peer, best effort, volunteer run and that if your issue
is urgent or not getting a response, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit https://www.microfocus.com/support-and-services and search the knowledgebase and/or check
all the other self support options and support programs available.
- Open a service request: https://www.microfocus.com/support
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.microfocus.com)
- You might consider hiring a local partner to assist you.
https://www.partnernetprogram.com/partnerfinder/find.html

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.microfocus.com/faq.php

Sometimes this automatic posting will alert someone that can respond.

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting or otherwise posted in error, please
ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand
to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Micro Focus Forums Team
http://forums.microfocus.com

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

seba4;2480394 wrote:
I would like to configure Lotus notes driver with remote loader on Windows 7 x64 OS, but i have a problem "starting" driver.
Driver is running, but i don't receive any events. When i check logs, I have noticed that i get a warning: "Subscriber service channel not supported by drivershim"

Does anyone have any idea what could be a problem? Anyone had same problem?

Part of logs from remote Loader:
Thread = Subscriber
Level = success
Message = Remote driver successfully started
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.83]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Sending...
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.83]: TRACE: <nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
<output>
<status event-id="report status" level="success">Remote driver successfully started</status>
<init-params event-id="write-state"/>
<subscriber-service-supported type="capability">false</subscriber-service-supported>
</output>
</nds>
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.86]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Document sent.
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.86]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Subscriber service channel not supported by drivershim.
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.86]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Out-of-Band queries will be processed via subscriber channel.
DirXML: [05/04/18 15:24:00.86]:
Thread = Subscriber
Level = warning
Message = Subscriber service channel not supported by drivershim.

If I'm reading this right, this warning is just letting you know that the Notes shim does not support the new "out of band" channel, so everything will be processed by the subscriber thread, just like it always has been.

If you're not seeing events on the subscriber channel, you should be looking at the engine side, not the remote loader. Either your driver has insufficient rights to see the objects/attributes in your filter, or your filter isn't selecting anything that is changing, or something like that.
0 Likes
sma2006 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Did you follow the steps to copy the drivers files to the notes server ?

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47-drivers/notes/data/aginclj.html

There must be a task in lotus notes (ndsrep) that does the publisher channel synch.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

dgersic;2480677 wrote:
If I'm reading this right, this warning is just letting you know that the Notes shim does not support the new "out of band" channel, so everything will be processed by the subscriber thread, just like it always has been.

If you're not seeing events on the subscriber channel, you should be looking at the engine side, not the remote loader. Either your driver has insufficient rights to see the objects/attributes in your filter, or your filter isn't selecting anything that is changing, or something like that.

David give you right explanation: for subscriber channel you have to look at engine side.

I have number of Lotus Notes driver and they pushed updates from eDirectory to Notes without any issue.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

al_b;2480949 wrote:
David give you right explanation: for subscriber channel you have to look at engine side.

I have number of Lotus Notes driver and they pushed updates from eDirectory to Notes without any issue.

Let me first say thanks for helping. Later I have found out that driver, was waiting for ndsrep database to be created. Until this database is created, it doesn't listen for events (we faked with manually created ndsrep.nsf)

Someone wrote about uploading dsrepcfg.ntf and ndsrep which were uploaded to server.
When we start driver for the first time. dsrepcfg.nsf is created like it should.So this part works.
It populates it with INSTANCE NAME, InputDB and OutputDB.

In our case:
Instance name WEBMAIL-LOTUS
InputDB: dznames.nsf
OutputDB: ndsrep.nsf
+ other configuration

But when we try to load nsdrep script, nothing happens. ndsrep.nsf is not created and it's missing when driver tries to start so its waiting for this database to be created, but it is never created and because of that all events modify, create, query are just waiting in queue until this database problem is resolved.

Error which happens:

DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Waiting for receive...
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesDriverShim publisher Channel: Accessing lotus.domino.Registration
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: prepSwitchToID: id file: C:\Notes\Data\idm.id
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: prepSwitchToID: id file path: C:\Notes\Data
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: prepSwitchToID: Session Created by user: CN=IDM/O=DZ-RS
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: prepSwitchToID: calling tmpNReg.switchToID with ID File= C:\Notes\Data\zz_ndxml.id
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.106]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShim start(): calling authenticatetoDomino with sUserIDFile = C:\Notes\Data\idm.id and sUserPwd = <!-- content suppressed -->
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.121]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShim start(): authenticateToDomino returned Notes User Name: CN=IDM/O=DZ-RS
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.152]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShimConfigData: existing ndsrep configuration DB: dsrepcfg.nsf found on server: DZ-AS-PDA-N-01/DZ-RS
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.152]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShimConfigData: Instance WEBMAIL-LOTUS found
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.168]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesDriverShim publisher Channel: Initializing database ndsrep.nsf
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.184]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShim: Error opening ndsrep.nsf as CN=IDM/O=DZ-RS. ID = 4043. Message: Database open failed (
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.184]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Received document from publication shim.
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.184]: TRACE: <nds dtdversion="2.0" ndsversion="8.x">
<source>
<product build="20180206_2014" instance="WebMail-Lotus" version="4.0.1.0B">Identity Manager Driver for Lotus Notes</product>
<contact>NetIQ Corporation</contact>
</source>
<input>
<status code="NotesException ID: 4043" level="warning" type="app-connection">
<code>NotesException ID: 4043</code>
<description>Publication.start - Error opening ndsrep.nsf</description>
</status>
</input>
</nds>
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.184]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Sending...
<source>
<product build="20180206_2014" instance="WebMail-Lotus" version="4.0.1.0B">Identity Manager Driver for Lotus Notes</product>
</source>

Any idea about possible options why this ndsrep.nsf is not created?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

seba4;2481035 wrote:
Let me first say thanks for helping. Later I have found out that driver, was waiting for ndsrep database to be created. Until this database is created, it doesn't listen for events (we faked with manually created ndsrep.nsf)

Someone wrote about uploading dsrepcfg.ntf and ndsrep which were uploaded to server.
When we start driver for the first time. dsrepcfg.nsf is created like it should.So this part works.
It populates it with INSTANCE NAME, InputDB and OutputDB.

In our case:
Instance name WEBMAIL-LOTUS
InputDB: dznames.nsf
OutputDB: ndsrep.nsf
+ other configuration

But when we try to load nsdrep script, nothing happens. ndsrep.nsf is not created and it's missing when driver tries to start so its waiting for this database to be created, but it is never created and because of that all events modify, create, query are just waiting in queue until this database problem is resolved.

Error which happens:

DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Waiting for receive...
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesDriverShim publisher Channel: Accessing lotus.domino.Registration
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: prepSwitchToID: id file: C:\Notes\Data\idm.id
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: prepSwitchToID: id file path: C:\Notes\Data
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: prepSwitchToID: Session Created by user: CN=IDM/O=DZ-RS
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.028]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: prepSwitchToID: calling tmpNReg.switchToID with ID File= C:\Notes\Data\zz_ndxml.id
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.106]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShim start(): calling authenticatetoDomino with sUserIDFile = C:\Notes\Data\idm.id and sUserPwd = <!-- content suppressed -->
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.121]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShim start(): authenticateToDomino returned Notes User Name: CN=IDM/O=DZ-RS
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.152]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShimConfigData: existing ndsrep configuration DB: dsrepcfg.nsf found on server: DZ-AS-PDA-N-01/DZ-RS
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.152]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShimConfigData: Instance WEBMAIL-LOTUS found
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.168]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesDriverShim publisher Channel: Initializing database ndsrep.nsf
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.184]: TRACE: WebMail-Lotus: NotesPublicationShim: Error opening ndsrep.nsf as CN=IDM/O=DZ-RS. ID = 4043. Message: Database open failed (
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.184]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Received document from publication shim.
<source>
</source>
<input>
<status code="NotesException ID: 4043" level="warning" type="app-connection">
<code>NotesException ID: 4043</code>
<description>Publication.start - Error opening ndsrep.nsf</description>
</status>
</input>
</nds>
DirXML: [05/16/18 16:16:58.184]: TRACE: Remote Loader: Sending...
<source>
</source>

Any idea about possible options why this ndsrep.nsf is not created?

we faked with manually created ndsrep.nsf

Are you sure that your Notes account has enouph rights for existing ndsrep.nsf file?

We did it many years ago with our Notes person.
I remember that ndsrep steps are not properly documented and always tricky...
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Do you maybe know which template is used for creating ndsrep.nsf? We are not sure how ndsrep.nsf should look.(which fields it should include).

User has manager rights so it should have enough rights to work with it.
0 Likes
cpedersen Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

On 17.05.18 10:04, seba4 wrote:
>
> Our use has manager rights so i think this should be enough.
>
> Do you maybe have an example of ndsrep.nsf? or from which template it
> should be created?
>
>

This is from my old testing notes, from dealing with the Notes driver:

1) make sure that the .ntf have all the right settings (rights)
2) start the driver and let it pull ones (heartbeat) and it will create
the dsrepcfg.nsf
3) "load ndsrep <instance>" (instance can be found in dsrepcfg.nsf after
the driver have been started) - instance name is normally just the
driver name in capital.

The rights are inherited from the .ntf (template which is specified in
the driver - normally mail8.ntf or mail9.ntf), and the user have to have
enough rights, the rights have to be specified to the ntf if I remember
correctly (I just gave my driver Admin to everything - lab testing).

Then everything should work.

There is also this coolsolution:
https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/19091.html

Casper
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Thank you for your help. With your information we managed to get it working. ndsrep still didn't create ndsrep.nsf database, but we have used mail9.ntf as a template for ndsrep.nsf.

Thinks are now working but just have a question. We are trying to change HTTPPassword inside dznames.nsf. I can change password if i have old and new password, but do you maybe know how i can just change password? Without knowing old password?

Seba4
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 5/18/2018 11:34 AM, seba4 wrote:
>
> Thank you for your help. With your information we managed to get it
> working. ndsrep still didn't create ndsrep.nsf database, but we have
> used mail9.ntf as a template for ndsrep.nsf.
>
> Thinks are now working but just have a question. We are trying to
> change HTTPPassword inside dznames.nsf. I can change password if i have
> old and new password, but do you maybe know how i can just change
> password? Without knowing old password?

Ah, notes passwords! The joy, the bliss.

Ok, Notes (like eDir so less stone throwing is warranted I guess) has 2
passwords (at least). There is the original password, on the ID file,
used by the Thick client. This is a password that encrypts/decryts a
private key. The key is what is used to login, not the password.

Thus you could have three copies of the same ID file, with three
different passwords and all work.

HTTPPassword is basically a real password. So take care, changing the
driver in IDM means the shim needs file system access to the ID file. If
you could run the Notes client with an ID stored on a file share (Have
several customers who do this) and then an IDM password change will
properly change the ID and HTTP password. (Still need old one though.)

For HTTP Password, you shoudl be able to write a new password to
HTTPPassword only.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.