jrumsey127
New Member.

Mapping Table Auto Update attributes

I am not 100% sure if this is even doable. I have a mapping table that gets updated daily and so far the only way I can get the attributes to update is to do a migrate of all the users. Is there a way to have the engine notice that the mapping table was updated and process any identities that match? I have attempted to put code into both a LDAP driver (pushing attributes to VDS).. This works by the way when migrated through the driver and through a loop back driver. Neither seem to works as expected.

Any direction or help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Mapping Table Auto Update attributes

On 2/26/2019 11:04 AM, jrumsey127 wrote:
>
> I am not 100% sure if this is even doable. I have a mapping table that
> gets updated daily and so far the only way I can get the attributes to
> update is to do a migrate of all the users. Is there a way to have the
> engine notice that the mapping table was updated and process any
> identities that match? I have attempted to put code into both a LDAP
> driver (pushing attributes to VDS).. This works by the way when migrated
> through the driver and through a loop back driver. Neither seem to works
> as expected.
>
> Any direction or help is greatly appreciated.

You can add DirXML-Resource into your filter of a driver. Then check
the DirXML-ContentType (for the MIME type for Mapping tables) and the
name for your tables.

Then you can try and figure out what changed in the XML and reprocess
the user cases.

Not sure this will be very efficient but it is doable.

So the context of this event would be different than a usual event. I.e.
The object being evented, is the Mapping table itself.

Then once you see it is the proper case, you look at the XML in the
changing attribute and either revalidate everyone, so say the first
entry is Location = Detroit, you would then query for all users who meet
the Detroit criteria and see if they are set properly, and if not fix,
in both directions.

Then do the next one.

So the context is not an event on a user, reusing code that migrate
would use, but rather redoing it in say a Loopback that gets one event
that spawns into queries for most users and then doing what needs to be
done.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

jrumsey127;2496012 wrote:
I am not 100% sure if this is even doable. I have a mapping table that gets updated daily and so far the only way I can get the attributes to update is to do a migrate of all the users. Is there a way to have the engine notice that the mapping table was updated and process any identities that match? I have attempted to put code into both a LDAP driver (pushing attributes to VDS).. This works by the way when migrated through the driver and through a loop back driver. Neither seem to works as expected.

Jeff

Mapping table is just DirXML-Resource object.
You can add DirXML-Resource changes to your driver filter and it will allow you to take proper actions, when Mapping table will be changed.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

jrumsey127;2496012 wrote:

Jeff

I suppose you could do this with a subscriber event transform. When the mapping table changes, issue a <sync/> event to re-migrate all users through the driver. Kinda inefficient, can't say that I like it, but if that's what you're doing anyway, you could automate it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.