Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
315 views

Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver


Today I came to the point, when I wanted to deploy new released
Multi-Domain Active Directory (MDAD) Driver.

We had a little delay between IDM 4.5 SP2 Designer release (that
"included" MDAD icon in the pallet), IDM 4.5 SP2 engine/RL (that include
required components for MDAD) and driver package itself.
Next day after SP2 release MDAD package was published and we was able to
review driver code.

Today I found that patched .Net Remote Loader able to see non-existed
shim dll (!). > "I see dead people"
> The Sixth Sense

346
347

When I started look around for missed MDAD shim dll (and other MDAD RL
components), I found that *NIdM_Driver_4.5_MDAD.zip* still not
available. 😞
http://tinyurl.com/olymnyd

It is looks like this part of the driver somehow was fall through the
cracks.

Alex


+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: mdad-rl3.png |
|Download: https://forums.netiq.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=347 |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54442

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver

> When I started look around for missed MDAD shim dll (and other MDAD RL
> components), I found that *NIdM_Driver_4.5_MDAD.zip* still not
> available. 😞
> http://tinyurl.com/olymnyd


I downloaded it on Friday. It unzips to a single install.exe, argh!


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver


>
> I downloaded it on Friday. It unzips to a single install.exe, argh!

Situation is more and more interesting...

Geoffrey, where you found this "hidden" download link to this "single
install.exe"?
I didn't found it on "standard" download or "patch finder" download
links... 😞


--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54442

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver

On 10/12/2015 3:05 PM, al b wrote:
>
>>
>> I downloaded it on Friday. It unzips to a single install.exe, argh!

> Situation is more and more interesting...
>
> Geoffrey, where you found this "hidden" download link to this "single
> install.exe"?
> I didn't found it on "standard" download or "patch finder" download
> links... 😞


That is because you are not smarter than the average bear, you are
smarter than pretty much all bears, but the distribution of patches and
installers was designed by bears that do not bear repeating even if they
are bare of evil intent.

Ok fine, I was looking for a ridiculous slight, that could not be taken
seriously, and the opportunity to alliterate on bear was too great. So
apologies for the horrible effort at a joke.

Main dl.netiq.com page, Identity Manager 4.5 link in the most popular,
and it is one of the drivers.

https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=QOk-uIyX-gk~

The specific download link, which I THINK might be session limited or
limited for me, is:
https://dl.netiq.com/sendredirect?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.novell.com%2Fprot%2FQOk-uIyX-gk%7E%2FNIdM_Driver_4.5_MDAD.zip%3F5bc3650926e7f0c7ef48580b7c5f13515ee43d7f1ef6a6119cf82470622a9688421f0632b1fcde5af68c40a1edde353fbcbaee1200e80d25e670a33b1418a1b8ccde20&buildid=QOk-uIyX-gk~&fileid=IUkyvVIzWdY~&mirror=AkamaiHost&nohost=false&guid=undefined&ws=true


You have to bear in mind that they barely release new drivers as
patches, rather as add on to the base 4.5 product line.

I just bear in mind that they did this bare-fore (Ok, I am stretching,
but bear with me, oh snap!) for the REST and Office 365 driver.

Thus I have been a better bear than thou.

(No bears were harmed in the making of this farce. I cannot speak for
NetIQ however, I for one welcome our ursine overlords and as a trusted
member of the community can help recruit slaves for their underground
berry mines).




0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver


geoffc;261525 Wrote:
> On 10/12/2015 3:05 PM, al b wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> I downloaded it on Friday. It unzips to a single install.exe, argh!

> > Situation is more and more interesting...
> >
> > Geoffrey, where you found this "hidden" download link to this "single
> > install.exe"?
> > I didn't found it on "standard" download or "patch finder" download
> > links... 😞

>
> That is because you are not smarter than the average bear, you are
> smarter than pretty much all bears, but the distribution of patches and
> installers was designed by bears that do not bear repeating even if
> they
> are bare of evil intent.
>
> Ok fine, I was looking for a ridiculous slight, that could not be taken
> seriously, and the opportunity to alliterate on bear was too great. So
> apologies for the horrible effort at a joke.
>
> Main dl.netiq.com page, Identity Manager 4.5 link in the most popular,
> and it is one of the drivers.
>
> https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=QOk-uIyX-gk~
>
> The specific download link, which I THINK might be session limited or
> limited for me, is:
> http://tinyurl.com/pulldk7
>
>
> You have to bear in mind that they barely release new drivers as
> patches, rather as add on to the base 4.5 product line.
>
> I just bear in mind that they did this bare-fore (Ok, I am stretching,
> but bear with me, oh snap!) for the REST and Office 365 driver.
>
> Thus I have been a better bear than thou.
>
> (No bears were harmed in the making of this farce. I cannot speak for
> NetIQ however, I for one welcome our ursine overlords and as a trusted
> member of the community can help recruit slaves for their underground
> berry mines).


I can confirm, that no bears were harmed in the making of this farce!
🙂

Thank you very much, Geoffrey!
> It is never too late to learn

I was really not aware about this "new" conception to add some drivers
download links to "main" IDM45 page!
I didn't see info about this in any patch notes, docs, etc.

More I think about this situation, more I think that potentially we will
need some "central" driver repository with all drivers (something like
we have for iManager plugins).


--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54442

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver

> I can confirm, that no bears were harmed in the making of this farce!
> 🙂
>
> Thank you very much, Geoffrey!


>> It is never too late to learn


> I was really not aware about this "new" conception to add some drivers
> download links to "main" IDM45 page!
> I didn't see info about this in any patch notes, docs, etc.


So lets see, if I were to consider if a particular approach is working,
I would consider several cases.
1) Can newbies figure it out?
2) Can experienced people figure it out?

I personally do not think this has been handled optimally.

> More I think about this situation, more I think that potentially we will
> need some "central" driver repository with all drivers (something like
> we have for iManager plugins).


I would say more like the Sentinel one (As much as I think that is less
than optimal). Because you need to track version requirements for each
driver.


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver


When I mentioned iManager, I think about one "well known" page with
links
one of the example:
https://www.novell.com/products/consoles/imanager/iman_mod_desc.xml

I'm not aware about Sentinel repository.
> There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
> Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
> - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio 😉



--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54442

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver

On 10/12/2015 5:44 PM, al b wrote:
>
> When I mentioned iManager, I think about one "well known" page with
> links
> one of the example:
> https://www.novell.com/products/consoles/imanager/iman_mod_desc.xml
>
> I'm not aware about Sentinel repository.


This link
https://www.netiq.com/support/sentinel/plugins/

Nicer than the iManager one.




0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver


geoffc;261533 Wrote:
>
> This link
> https://www.netiq.com/support/sentinel/plugins/
>
> Nicer than the iManager one.


Agree, looks very nice and informative! Everything available and on
right place!
It can be great model, how to publish this kind of repository!


--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54442

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing parts from Multi-Domain Active Directory Driver


Just to prove my confusion in current situation:
How possible to know (without re-opening every page on the web), that
"new" files was added to the page, that "officially" wasn't updated/
wasn't touched from 2014?
348


+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: idm45.png |
|Download: https://forums.netiq.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=348 |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54442

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.