GopinathRao Absent Member.
Absent Member.
255 views

Modify after a veto sync


Hi,

I have written a rule in subscriber event transformation which vetoes
sync events. I then tried to migrate a user from Identity Vault. The
rule gets executed and and the event is vetoed. But subsequently a
modify event is generated which modifies DirXML-Associations to include
the migrate event and so the user gets added to the database.

Why is the modify event getting generated after the migrate?


--
Regards,
Gopi 🙂
------------------------------------------------------------------------
GopinathRao's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62050
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450509


Regards, Gopi 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Modify after a veto sync

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Trace?

Good luck.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.15 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
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=p1Ca
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Modify after a veto sync

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:56:02 +0000, GopinathRao wrote:

> Why is the modify event getting generated after the migrate?


What driver? What IDM version? Post a level 3 trace (use www.pastebin.com)
so we can see what you're talking about.


--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Modify after a veto sync

> I have written a rule in subscriber event transformation which vetoes
> sync events. I then tried to migrate a user from Identity Vault. The
> rule gets executed and and the event is vetoed. But subsequently a
> modify event is generated which modifies DirXML-Associations to include
> the migrate event and so the user gets added to the database.


As always, show us the trace.


0 Likes
GopinathRao Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Modify after a veto sync


Thanks for the response.
The driver is JDBC. The database is SQLServer 2005. IDM4.0.1

Sorry that I could not provide the trace right now but I can provide it
tomorrow.

More Info:
The driver is quite simple. Publisher is disabled. I have not written
any other policies apart from veto sync events.

In the Event transformation

If operation=sync
veto

In the trace, I found something like this:

Veto Sync events: Rule Selected
Action: do-veto();
policy returned

End transaction

Start transaction:

<input>
<modify src-DN=*** ****>
<associated-state> migrated</associated-state>
<add-value>.....</add-value>
</input>

Because of this modify operation, the Rule that I have written is not
selected and data flows to the database.

Please let me know why this modify event arises with the above
information else I can provide you the trace tomorrow, as always 🙂



geoffc;2166411 Wrote:
> > I have written a rule in subscriber event transformation which vetoes
> > sync events. I then tried to migrate a user from Identity Vault. The
> > rule gets executed and and the event is vetoed. But subsequently a
> > modify event is generated which modifies DirXML-Associations to

> include
> > the migrate event and so the user gets added to the database.

>
> As always, show us the trace.



--
Regards,
Gopi 🙂
------------------------------------------------------------------------
GopinathRao's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62050
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450509


Regards, Gopi 🙂
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Modify after a veto sync


> <input>
> <modify src-DN=*** ****>
> <associated-state> migrated</associated-state>
> <add-value>.....</add-value>
> </input>


More like:
<modify>
<association state='migrate'/>

So this is the migrate from IDM event. The DirXML-Associations value
for this driver gets set to 4.

So if you need to veto it, like sync, then if XPATH
association/@state='migrate'

then veto.
I suppose.



> Because of this modify operation, the Rule that I have written is not
> selected and data flows to the database.
>
> Please let me know why this modify event arises with the above
> information else I can provide you the trace tomorrow, as always 🙂
>
>
>
> geoffc;2166411 Wrote:
>>> I have written a rule in subscriber event transformation which vetoes
>>> sync events. I then tried to migrate a user from Identity Vault. The
>>> rule gets executed and and the event is vetoed. But subsequently a
>>> modify event is generated which modifies DirXML-Associations to

>> include
>>> the migrate event and so the user gets added to the database.

>>
>> As always, show us the trace.

>
>


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Modify after a veto sync

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:26:02 +0000, GopinathRao wrote:

> Sorry that I could not provide the trace right now but I can provide it
> tomorrow.


Ok, show us the trace and we'll figure it out tomorrow.


--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.