Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
959 views

NAMESPACE_ERR in Integration Activity (Designer 4.7/Mac)

Hi,

when selecting a WSDL Ressource and pressing the "Ok" button in the popup labeled by "Select Port Type and Operation" it gives me the following error:

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.
at com.novell.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.setName(ElementNSImpl.java:150)
at com.novell.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.<init>(ElementNSImpl.java:81)
at com.novell.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.createElementNS(CoreDocumentImpl.java:2092)
at com.novell.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.importNode(CoreDocumentImpl.java:1531)
at com.novell.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.importNode(CoreDocumentImpl.java:1488)
at com.sssw.b2b.rt.xmlparser.parser271.GNVXMLFactory271.importNode(GNVXMLFactory271.java:397)
at com.sssw.b2b.rt.xmlparser.GNVXMLFactory.importNode(GNVXMLFactory.java:398)
at com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.Util.generateProjectForActivity(Util.java:276)
at com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.Util.generateProjectForActivity(Util.java:233)
at com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.WsdlComposerProject.generateProjectForActivity(WsdlComposerProject.java:306)
at com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.IntegrationActivity.setWSDL(IntegrationActivity.java:1249)
at com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.IntegrationActivity.setWSDL(IntegrationActivity.java:1215)
at com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.util.OperationSelectionDialog.okPressed(OperationSelectionDialog.java:469)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.buttonPressed(Dialog.java:466)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4258)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1502)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1525)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1510)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1314)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4082)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3699)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.util.ExpressionCellEditor.openDialogBox(ExpressionCellEditor.java:156)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.DialogCellEditor$2.widgetSelected(DialogCellEditor.java:242)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4258)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1502)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1525)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1510)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1314)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4082)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3699)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at com.novell.idm.rcp.DesignerApplication.start(DesignerApplication.java:118)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

Obviously the selected WDSL is parsed correctly as the dropdown to "Select Port Type" and "Select Operation" are populated by the values from the WSDL.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Thilo
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: NAMESPACE_ERR in Integration Activity (Designer 4.7/Mac)

On 6/13/2018 7:16 AM, tgb wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> when selecting a WSDL Ressource and pressing the "Ok" button in the
> popup labeled by "Select Port Type and Operation" it gives me the
> following error:


Open the WSDL in SOAP UI? Is it ok there?

I wonder if there is a bad namespace declaration in there.

Try an XML formatter and paste the text in, perhaps that will report a
more specific namespace error. Or find an XML validator to check.



>
> org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or
> change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.
> at com.novell.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.setName(ElementNSImpl.java:150)
> at com.novell.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.<init>(ElementNSImpl.java:81)
> at
> com.novell.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.createElementNS(CoreDocumentImpl.java:2092)
> at
> com.novell.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.importNode(CoreDocumentImpl.java:1531)
> at
> com.novell.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.importNode(CoreDocumentImpl.java:1488)
> at
> com.sssw.b2b.rt.xmlparser.parser271.GNVXMLFactory271.importNode(GNVXMLFactory271.java:397)
> at
> com.sssw.b2b.rt.xmlparser.GNVXMLFactory.importNode(GNVXMLFactory.java:398)
> at
> com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.Util.generateProjectForActivity(Util.java:276)
> at
> com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.Util.generateProjectForActivity(Util.java:233)
> at
> com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.WsdlComposerProject.generateProjectForActivity(WsdlComposerProject.java:306)
> at
> com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.IntegrationActivity.setWSDL(IntegrationActivity.java:1249)
> at
> com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.impl.IntegrationActivity.setWSDL(IntegrationActivity.java:1215)
> at
> com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.util.OperationSelectionDialog.okPressed(OperationSelectionDialog.java:469)
> at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.buttonPressed(Dialog.java:466)
> at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4258)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1502)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1525)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1510)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1314)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4082)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3699)
> at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
> at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
> at
> com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity.util.ExpressionCellEditor.openDialogBox(ExpressionCellEditor.java:156)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.viewers.DialogCellEditor$2.widgetSelected(DialogCellEditor.java:242)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4258)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1502)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1525)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1510)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1314)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4082)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3699)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
> at
> com.novell.idm.rcp.DesignerApplication.start(DesignerApplication.java:118)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
>
> Obviously the selected WDSL is parsed correctly as the dropdown to
> "Select Port Type" and "Select Operation" are populated by the values
> from the WSDL.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Thilo
>
>


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NAMESPACE_ERR in Integration Activity (Designer 4.7/Mac)

I found the problem.
The customers provided WSDL was missing to declare the used namespaces in the root element.
I am still wondering why designer is not rejecting the WSDL on open (and successfully parsing and extracting the port types an operations) but on save.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: NAMESPACE_ERR in Integration Activity (Designer 4.7/Mac)

On 6/13/2018 9:34 AM, tgb wrote:
>
> I found the problem.
> The customers provided WSDL was missing to declare the used namespaces
> in the root element.
> I am still wondering why designer is not rejecting the WSDL on open (and
> successfully parsing and extracting the port types an operations) but on
> save.


The WSDL parser in Designer was fairly old a few years ago (4.02 era)
when they updated it to Soap UI's core libraries, which are from
2011/05/23 build, (the soapui.jar, inside the Designer installs:
c:\temp\d47\Designer\plugins\com.novell.soa.eai.integrationActivity_4.0.0.201804161221\lib

in the com.eviware.soapui.resources.conf.buildinfo.txt file that says:

#Mon May 23 14:19:13 CEST 2011
build.number=[internal]
build.date=2011/05/23 14\:19


Maybe the JAR did not update its build, but I would suggest it is quite
old.


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.