Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

New and undocumented ECV in Engine 4.8.2.1 - any more details?

So https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=Te8IAUiQ_BA~ introduces a new ECV:

the Include driver filter in subscriber initialization document that enables schema mapping through engine init parameter.

Of course it's not yet mentioned in the documentation, anyone with more details on what it does exactly and how/when to make use of it?

Knowledge Partner

I noticed this also. could it be more to support an edge case/bug where a shim doesn’t want this function? I’ve a suspicion it is connected to the new bidir edir shim released also today.
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Knowledge Partner

There are two bugs dependent on this and both are related to the bidir edirectory driver.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The default value of this ECV is "False". When set to "True", Engine will send the Driver's filter XML as part of the Subscriber init document.
The filter document which is added to subscriber initialization document includes 2 additional attributes which are not found in the traditional filter document. These are nds-attr-name and nds-class-name which correspond to the names of the attributes and classes respectively as per NDS namespace.

The NDS namespace variants are required by the changelog module to register for the right update events.

--
Norbert
Knowledge Partner

@klasen wrote:

The default value of this ECV is "False". When set to "True", Engine will send the Driver's filter XML as part of the Subscriber init document.
The filter document which is added to subscriber initialization document includes 2 additional attributes which are not found in the traditional filter document. These are nds-attr-name and nds-class-name which correspond to the names of the attributes and classes respectively as per NDS namespace.

The NDS namespace variants are required by the changelog module to register for the right update events.

Having not used the bidir edir shim so far, why is the publisher init document (which contains the publisher filter in app namespace, iirc) not sufficient for this use case?

The attribute names in the <init-param> doc are in local namespace.  I wondered the same basic thing as well.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

I too would guess this is related to the BiDir driver, since one of the things they do on startup is to send an XML doc to the shim with the filter, so it can send it to the changelog module.  There was an amusing bug early on where the direction of the filter was backwards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.