Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
211 views

No standard attibutes in Notes


Hi to all,

I am new to Notes and its Driver.
I want to create some users from IDM to Notes, but the users have some
attributes that aren't in the Schema, so I want to know How I could set
values to a no native/standard attribute in Notes like CSB
89

Thanks in advance.


+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: CSB.gif |
|Download: https://forums.netiq.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89 |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
kiekurt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kiekurt's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1394
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=48949

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No standard attibutes in Notes


Could I do this with a xslt??


--
kiekurt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kiekurt's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1394
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=48949

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: No standard attibutes in Notes

On 10/14/2013 5:54 AM, kiekurt wrote:
>
> Hi to all,
>
> I am new to Notes and its Driver.
> I want to create some users from IDM to Notes, but the users have some
> attributes that aren't in the Schema, so I want to know How I could set
> values to a no native/standard attribute in Notes like CSB
> 89
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |Filename: CSB.gif |
> |Download: https://forums.netiq.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89 |
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------+


You should, mostly be able to just send the destination attribute.

Look in the Sub-Create policies, there is a long policy that sets a ton
of settings for a variety of attributes, just do it the same way as
those rules do it.


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No standard attibutes in Notes


Ok, thanks but it doesn't work.
I have put this rule in Subscriber Creation Policies
> <rule>
> <description>Set CSB</description>
> <conditions>
> <and>
> <if-class-name op="equal">User</if-class-name>
> </and>
> </conditions>
> <actions>
> <do-set-xml-attr expression="../add[@class-name='User']" name="CSB">
> <arg-string>
> <token-text xml:space="preserve">1234</token-text>
> </arg-string>
> </do-set-xml-attr>
> <do-set-xml-attr expression="../add" name="CSB">
> <arg-string>
> <token-text xml:space="preserve">1234</token-text>
> </arg-string>
> </do-set-xml-attr>
> </actions>
> </rule>
>


The user is create right excepting for CBS attribute. Here there is some
trace

> IDM Notes ST: Evaluating selection criteria for rule 'Set CSB'.
> IDM Notes ST: (if-class-name equal "User") = TRUE.
> IDM Notes ST: Rule selected.
> IDM Notes ST: Applying rule 'Set CSB'.
> IDM Notes ST: Action: do-set-xml-attr("CSB","../add","1234").
> IDM Notes ST: arg-string("1234")
> IDM Notes ST: token-text("1234")
> IDM Notes ST: Arg Value: "1234".
> IDM Notes ST: Action:
> do-set-xml-attr("CSB","../add[@class-name='User']","1234").
> IDM Notes ST: arg-string("1234")
> IDM Notes ST: token-text("1234")
> IDM Notes ST: Arg Value: "1234".
> IDM Notes ST:Policy returned:
> IDM Notes ST:
> ...
> ...
> ...
> DirXML Log Event -------------------
> Driver: \TREE\desrsi\services\Driverset\IDM Notes
> Channel: Subscriber
> Object: \TREE\desrsi\usuarios\U200461
> Status: Success
>



--
kiekurt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kiekurt's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1394
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=48949

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: No standard attibutes in Notes

On 10/14/2013 10:04 AM, kiekurt wrote:
>
> Ok, thanks but it doesn't work.
> I have put this rule in Subscriber Creation Policies
>> <rule>
>> <description>Set CSB</description>
>> <conditions>
>> <and>
>> <if-class-name op="equal">User</if-class-name>
>> </and>
>> </conditions>
>> <actions>
>> <do-set-xml-attr expression="../add[@class-name='User']" name="CSB">
>> <arg-string>
>> <token-text xml:space="preserve">1234</token-text>
>> </arg-string>
>> </do-set-xml-attr>
>> <do-set-xml-attr expression="../add" name="CSB">
>> <arg-string>
>> <token-text xml:space="preserve">1234</token-text>
>> </arg-string>
>> </do-set-xml-attr>
>> </actions>
>> </rule>
>>

>
> The user is create right excepting for CBS attribute. Here there is some
> trace
>
>> IDM Notes ST: Evaluating selection criteria for rule 'Set CSB'.
>> IDM Notes ST: (if-class-name equal "User") = TRUE.
>> IDM Notes ST: Rule selected.
>> IDM Notes ST: Applying rule 'Set CSB'.
>> IDM Notes ST: Action: do-set-xml-attr("CSB","../add","1234").
>> IDM Notes ST: arg-string("1234")
>> IDM Notes ST: token-text("1234")
>> IDM Notes ST: Arg Value: "1234".
>> IDM Notes ST: Action:
>> do-set-xml-attr("CSB","../add[@class-name='User']","1234").
>> IDM Notes ST: arg-string("1234")
>> IDM Notes ST: token-text("1234")
>> IDM Notes ST: Arg Value: "1234".
>> IDM Notes ST:Policy returned:
>> IDM Notes ST:


To be helpful, you should have shown the <add> event, even if not in its
entirety, at least how the generated XML for your CSB attribute looks.

WHat you are doing in this example, is adding to the <add> node a XML
attribute so that it simplistically looks like this:

<add CSB="1234">

This is very likely incorrect.

Rather you wanted to 'add destination attribute value' I suspect, for an
attribute named CSB with a value of 1234.

Which would look simplistically like:

<add>
<add-attr attr-name="CSB">
<value>CSB</value>
</add-attr>
</add>

Or to put it another way, the Sub-Create policy supports adding two
types of things to a Notes driver event.

1) An XML attribute that the shim knows how to handle, so must be hard
coded into teh shim, clearly CSB is not such a thing. Usually these are
not pure attribute data stuff.

2) An attribute in Notes that needs to be added, in the more standard
IDM policy way as every driver supports.

I think (I Know nothing of what CSB is in notes) that you need #2, but
have coded for #1.


>> ...
>> ...
>> ...
>> DirXML Log Event -------------------
>> Driver: \TREE\desrsi\services\Driverset\IDM Notes
>> Channel: Subscriber
>> Object: \TREE\desrsi\usuarios\U200461
>> Status: Success
>>

>
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No standard attibutes in Notes


geoffc;235416 Wrote:
> On 10/14/2013 10:04 AM, kiekurt wrote:
> >
> > Ok, thanks but it doesn't work.
> > I have put this rule in Subscriber Creation Policies
> >> <rule>
> >> <description>Set CSB</description>
> >> <conditions>
> >> <and>
> >> <if-class-name op="equal">User</if-class-name>
> >> </and>
> >> </conditions>
> >> <actions>
> >> <do-set-xml-attr expression="../add[@class-name='User']"

> name="CSB">
> >> <arg-string>
> >> <token-text xml:space="preserve">1234</token-text>
> >> </arg-string>
> >> </do-set-xml-attr>
> >> <do-set-xml-attr expression="../add" name="CSB">
> >> <arg-string>
> >> <token-text xml:space="preserve">1234</token-text>
> >> </arg-string>
> >> </do-set-xml-attr>
> >> </actions>
> >> </rule>
> >>

> >
> > The user is create right excepting for CBS attribute. Here there is

> some
> > trace
> >
> >> IDM Notes ST: Evaluating selection criteria for rule 'Set CSB'.
> >> IDM Notes ST: (if-class-name equal "User") = TRUE.
> >> IDM Notes ST: Rule selected.
> >> IDM Notes ST: Applying rule 'Set CSB'.
> >> IDM Notes ST: Action: do-set-xml-attr("CSB","../add","1234").
> >> IDM Notes ST: arg-string("1234")
> >> IDM Notes ST: token-text("1234")
> >> IDM Notes ST: Arg Value: "1234".
> >> IDM Notes ST: Action:
> >> do-set-xml-attr("CSB","../add[@class-name='User']","1234").
> >> IDM Notes ST: arg-string("1234")
> >> IDM Notes ST: token-text("1234")
> >> IDM Notes ST: Arg Value: "1234".
> >> IDM Notes ST:Policy returned:
> >> IDM Notes ST:

>
> To be helpful, you should have shown the <add> event, even if not in
> its
> entirety, at least how the generated XML for your CSB attribute looks.
>
> WHat you are doing in this example, is adding to the <add> node a XML
> attribute so that it simplistically looks like this:
>
> <add CSB="1234">
>
> This is very likely incorrect.
>
> Rather you wanted to 'add destination attribute value' I suspect, for
> an
> attribute named CSB with a value of 1234.
>
> Which would look simplistically like:
>
> <add>
> <add-attr attr-name="CSB">
> <value>CSB</value>
> </add-attr>
> </add>
>
> Or to put it another way, the Sub-Create policy supports adding two
> types of things to a Notes driver event.
>
> 1) An XML attribute that the shim knows how to handle, so must be hard
> coded into teh shim, clearly CSB is not such a thing. Usually these
> are
> not pure attribute data stuff.
>
> 2) An attribute in Notes that needs to be added, in the more standard
> IDM policy way as every driver supports.
>
> I think (I Know nothing of what CSB is in notes) that you need #2, but
> have coded for #1.
>
>
> >> ...
> >> ...
> >> ...
> >> DirXML Log Event -------------------
> >> Driver: \TREE\desrsi\services\Driverset\IDM Notes
> >> Channel: Subscriber
> >> Object: \TREE\desrsi\usuarios\U200461
> >> Status: Success
> >>

> >
> >


In one of my Notes drivers I use non-standard class mapping.
Notes use own class definition from form.

Shim translated main Notes classes to IDM (LDAP?) definitions, but some
classes still "invisible" for mapping and as result events from these
classes didn't catch.

I "replaced" application classes retrieved from Notes (Designer->Refresh
Application Schema) to Class names "natural for Notes" (if I remember
right, I used info from Lotus Domino Designer)

> <class-name>
> <nds-name>BMO:nonPerson</nds-name>
> <app-name>Database</app-name>
> </class-name>
> <attr-name class-name="BMO:nonPerson">
> <nds-name>CN</nds-name>
> <app-name>FullName</app-name>
> </attr-name>
> <attr-name class-name="BMO:nonPerson">
> <nds-name>Description</nds-name>
> <app-name>Description</app-name>
> </attr-name>
> <attr-name class-name="BMO:nonPerson">
> <nds-name>Internet EMail Address</nds-name>
> <app-name>InternetAddress</app-name>
> </attr-name>
> <class-name>
> <nds-name>User</nds-name>
> <app-name>Mail-In Database</app-name>
> </class-name>


Notes classes *Mail-In Database, Database* are not visible in
Application Schema, if use "official" way. This driver works in our
production environment almost 2 years. (May be this way is not really
supported by NetIQ, but it is works for me)

I hope, that it also can work for you.
1. You have to find right attribute and class name in Notes Designer
2. Manually include this correct name in Schema mapping and Filter
3. Deploy the driver.
4. Restart RemoteLoader

You can check in remote loader log and NDSRep Configuration on your
Notes server, which filter you use.
In my case NDSRep Configuration looks like:
> PublisherFilter: <driver-filter><allow-class
> class-name="Database"><allow-attr attr-name="BMO:mailDGN"/><allow-attr
> attr-name="FullName"/><allow-attr attr-name="Description"/><allow-attr
> attr-name="Full Name"/><allow-attr
> attr-name="InternetAddress"/><allow-attr attr-name="Object
> Class"/><allow-attr attr-name="Surname"/></allow-class><allow-class
> class-name="Unknown"><allow-attr attr-name="Object
> Class"/></allow-class><allow-class class-name="Mail-In
> Database"><allow-attr attr-name="BMO:mailDGN"/><allow-attr
> attr-name="BMO:smtpAlias"/><allow-attr
> attr-name="Description"/><allow-attr attr-name="Full Name"/><allow-attr
> attr-name="Given Name"/><allow-attr
> attr-name="InternetAddress"/><allow-attr
> attr-name="Surname"/></allow-class></driver-filter>



--
al_b
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=48949

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No standard attibutes in Notes


Thanks to all.
I made this to set values, and it works right.

> <do-add-dest-attr-value name="CSB">
> <arg-value>
> <token-text xml:space="preserve">1234</token-text>
> </arg-value>
> </do-add-dest-attr-value>


al_b if I modify the Schema and include manually the attributes to the
Schema mapping and Filter, could I synchronize the attributes between
Notes and IDM?


--
kiekurt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kiekurt's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1394
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=48949

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No standard attibutes in Notes


kiekurt;235493 Wrote:
>
> al_b if I modify the Schema and include manually the attributes to the
> Schema mapping and Filter, could I synchronize the attributes between
> Notes and IDM?

Yes, I can't see any problems here: I do synchronization between Notes
Mail-In Databases (Group mailboxes) and IDM Vault. (further it will
create contacts in AD/Exchange)


--
al_b
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=48949

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.