Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
861 views

Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work


Hi All,

Patch 4.1.0.2 has been installed on .NET RL (Windows 2012 R2). All
required components have been installed as per 4.3 Upgrading the Driver
section in the driver documentation.

Driver fails to execute the "Enable-Mailbox -Identity idmtestoffice3656
-Archive" command. It doesn't return any error message after the error
occurs so I don't know what was wrong.

This is the example of executing "pwdi" command which is invalid.

> <nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
> <source>
> <product edition="Standard" version="4.5.2.0">DirXML</product>
> <contact>NetIQ Corporation</contact>
> </source>
> <input>
> <modify class-name="MSolUser"
> event-id="cat-nds#20160530071802#1#1:74d93c85-726d-49ef-be94-853cd9746d72"
> from-merge="true"
> qualified-src-dn="O=company\OU=Users\OU=Staff\CN=idmtestoffice3656"
> src-dn="\company-VAULT\company\Users\Staff\idmtestoffice3656"
> src-entry-id="477841">
> <association>3f69b240-eef7-4544-b691-0d9b7b91c20b</association>
> <modify-attr attr-name="PSExecute">
> <add-value>
> <value type="string">pwdi</value>
> </add-value>
> </modify-attr>
> </modify>
> </input>
> </nds>
> [05/30/16 17:18:03.314]:O365 ST:Remote Interface Driver: Document sent.
> [05/30/16 17:18:03.777]:O365 :Remote Interface Driver: Received.
> [05/30/16 17:18:03.778]:O365 :
> <nds dtdversion="3.5">
> <source>
> <product build="201601261214"
> instance="\company-VAULT\company\Services\IDM Driver Set\O365"
> version="4.1.0.2">Identity Manager Driver for Microsoft
> Office365</product>
> <contact>NetIQ, Corporation.</contact>
> </source>
> <output>
> <status
> event-id="catacomb-nds#20160530071802#1#1:74d93c85-726d-49ef-be94-853cd9746d72"
> level="success"/>
> <status
> event-id="catacomb-nds#20160530071802#1#1:74d93c85-726d-49ef-be94-853cd9746d72"
> level="error" type="powershell"/>
> </output>
> </nds>


When I try "pwd", it returns "C:\Windows\system32" in Path. However, the
sample in documentation is "C:\Novell\remoteloader.NET".

> <nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
> <source>
> <product edition="Standard" version="4.5.2.0">DirXML</product>
> <contact>NetIQ Corporation</contact>
> </source>
> <input>
> <modify class-name="MSolUser"
> event-id="cat-nds#20160530071547#1#1:dd869f00-d272-42a7-0081-009f86dd72d2"
> from-merge="true"
> qualified-src-dn="O=company\OU=Users\OU=Staff\CN=idmtestoffice3656"
> src-dn="\company-VAULT\company\Users\Staff\idmtestoffice3656"
> src-entry-id="477841">
> <association>3f69b240-eef7-4544-b691-0d9b7b91c20b</association>
> <modify-attr attr-name="PSExecute">
> <add-value>
> <value type="string">pwd</value>
> </add-value>
> </modify-attr>
> </modify>
> </input>
> </nds>
>
>
> <output>
> <status
> event-id="cat-nds#20160530071547#1#1:dd869f00-d272-42a7-0081-009f86dd72d2"
> level="success"/>
> <status
> event-id="cat-nds#20160530071547#1#1:dd869f00-d272-42a7-0081-009f86dd72d2"
> level="success" type="powershell"/>
> <instance class-name="PowerShell"
> event-id="cat-nds#20160530071547#1#1:dd869f00-d272-42a7-0081-009f86dd72d2">
> <attr attr-name="Drive">
> <value>C</value>
> </attr>
> <attr attr-name="Provider">
> <value>Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem</value>
> </attr>
> <attr attr-name="ProviderPath">
> <value>C:\Windows\system32</value>
> </attr>
> <attr attr-name="Path">
> <value>C:\Windows\system32</value>
> </attr>
> </instance>
> </output>



--
knakkarit
------------------------------------------------------------------------
knakkarit's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=265
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55963

Labels (1)
0 Likes
24 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work

knakkarit wrote:

> When I try "pwd", it returns "C:\Windows\system32" in Path. However,
> the sample in documentation is "C:\Novell\remoteloader.NET".


I am pretty sure that pwd will vary depending on how you configured the
driver in the shim (run as a service or not)
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work

alexmchugh;2430167 wrote:
knakkarit wrote:

> When I try "pwd", it returns "C:\Windows\system32" in Path. However,
> the sample in documentation is "C:\Novell\remoteloader.NET".


I am pretty sure that pwd will vary depending on how you configured the
driver in the shim (run as a service or not)


It is run as service. Driver will return publisher error if shim is not running as service. Do you have any idea why the error message doesn't show in log file?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work

knakkarit wrote:

> It is run as service.


Yes I worked that out by your earlier trace.

> Driver will return publisher error if shim is
> not running as service.


Haven't verified that, but it is likely the developers who wrote the
documentation you referred to have a way to run the driver outside of a
service. That is my guess at explaining the documentation discrepancy.

> Do you have any idea why the error message
> doesn't show in log file?


I don't know exactly why this is not returning the error message.

My best guess is:

install/patching missed a step (this is a notoriously fussy driver
install wise).
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work

alexmchugh;2430175 wrote:
knakkarit wrote:

> It is run as service.


Yes I worked that out by your earlier trace.

> Driver will return publisher error if shim is
> not running as service.


Haven't verified that, but it is likely the developers who wrote the
documentation you referred to have a way to run the driver outside of a
service. That is my guess at explaining the documentation discrepancy.

> Do you have any idea why the error message
> doesn't show in log file?


I don't know exactly why this is not returning the error message.

My best guess is:

install/patching missed a step (this is a notoriously fussy driver
install wise).


I thought it was missed step in patching and installing so I re-built it as per single step from a fresh Windows. It still doesn't help after few times of re-building.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work

knakkarit <knakkarit@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>
>> install/patching missed a step (this is a notoriously fussy driver
>> install wise).

>
> I thought it was missed step in patching and installing so I re-built it

as per single step from a fresh Windows. It still doesn't help after few
times of re-building.

The three things that have caught me during install/patching.

1. Incorrect versions of the Microsoft online/powershell components.
2. Missing Microsoft runtimes
3. Not running unblock-files on downloaded patch files before installing
them.

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show
your appreciation and click on the star below...
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work

alexmchugh;2430193 wrote:
knakkarit <knakkarit@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>
>> install/patching missed a step (this is a notoriously fussy driver
>> install wise).

>
> I thought it was missed step in patching and installing so I re-built it

as per single step from a fresh Windows. It still doesn't help after few
times of re-building.

The three things that have caught me during install/patching.

1. Incorrect versions of the Microsoft online/powershell components.
2. Missing Microsoft runtimes
3. Not running unblock-files on downloaded patch files before installing
them.

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show
your appreciation and click on the star below...


Just replied the MS components versions to al_b. I have ensured that unblocked-files were unchecked on patch files. It is really strange. I know I must have missed some things but still couldn't figure it out.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work


Hi knakkarit,
What versions of powershell support modules you have?


--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55963

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work

al_b;2430198 wrote:
Hi knakkarit,
What versions of powershell support modules you have?


--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55963


Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant 7.250.4556.0
Windows Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell 1.0.0
Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.061030.0

The following files were copied to C:\Novell\remoteloader.NET

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\MSOnline\
Microsoft.Azure.ActiveDirectory.Client.Framework.dll
Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.PSModule.dll
Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.PSModule.Resources.dll
Microsoft.Online.Identity.Federation.PowerShell.dll
Microsoft.Online.Identity.Federation.PowerShell.Strings.dll


C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\MSOnlineExtended
Microsoft.Azure.ActiveDirectory.Client.Framework.dll
Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.PSModule.dll
Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.PSModule.Resources.resources.dll

Did I miss anything?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work


(get-item
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\MSOnline\Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.PSModule.dll).VersionInfo.FileVersion


--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55963

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work


MICROSOFT AZURE ACTIVE DIRECTORY POWERSHELL MODULE VERSION RELEASE
HISTORY
http://tinyurl.com/zvqpy4s


--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55963

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office 365 - PSExecute doesn't work

al_b;2430244 wrote:
(get-item
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\MSOnline\Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.PSModule.dll).VersionInfo.FileVersion


--
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking
on the star below :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
al_b's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55963


It is 1.0.9031.1
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.