Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
319 views

Office365 and Password change


Hi

I have a password policy in my environment (elementary school) that’s
allow user to use only 6 character, and no needs for complex password
rules.

When a student changes its password to: abcd123, this password is synced
to Office365. Now the student can make a login to Office365, but is
forced to change its password to meet the Office 365 Complex Password
rules.

When the Office365 driver creates a new user in the Office365 cloud, it
can be created with a mix of this GCV’s settings (Set Password Never
Expires, Disable Force Change Password at First Login and Set Strong
Password Required).

Can these settings also be used on a password change from the Vault to
Office365?

/Michael


--
mJg2XW
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mJg2XW's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=442
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51886

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office365 and Password change

> Can these settings also be used on a password change from the Vault to
> Office365?


The ability to ignore password expiration, complexity, or history is a
feature of the IDM engine; if Office 365 (or any other application) has
similar functionality, it may be able to be employed, but I've never heard
of that option. This feature of IDM is meant to help integration with
third-party applications which cannot enforce the same levels of
complexity as eDirectory, and which would therefore cause huge pains with
password synchronization into the vault.

Enhancement requests for similar functionality in other applications
should be sent to their respective vendors.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office365 and Password change

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 15:31:29 +0000, ab wrote:

>> Can these settings also be used on a password change from the Vault to
>> Office365?

>
> The ability to ignore password expiration, complexity, or history is a
> feature of the IDM engine; if Office 365 (or any other application) has
> similar functionality, it may be able to be employed, but I've never
> heard of that option.


O365 accounts have these settings:

Set Password Never Expires
Disable Force Change Password at First Login
Set Strong Password Required

See the GCVs ("Password Sync") on the O365 driver. There's a bug where
they only apply to new accounts, and that's supposed to get fixed so that
they correctly apply on password changes as well. You can fix the
associated policies yourself, if you want, but then you'll also have to
get the new packages when they're released.


--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
cpedersen Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Office365 and Password change

On 10/3/14, 5:08 PM, mJg2XW wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I have a password policy in my environment (elementary school) that�s
> allow user to use only 6 character, and no needs for complex password
> rules.
>
> When a student changes its password to: abcd123, this password is synced
> to Office365. Now the student can make a login to Office365, but is
> forced to change its password to meet the Office 365 Complex Password
> rules.
>
> When the Office365 driver creates a new user in the Office365 cloud, it
> can be created with a mix of this GCV�s settings (Set Password Never
> Expires, Disable Force Change Password at First Login and Set Strong
> Password Required).
>
> Can these settings also be used on a password change from the Vault to
> Office365?
>
> /Michael


The "force change password" is a know issue and will be fixed in the
next release of the driver (I do not know when that'll be).

If you really need a fix now, open a service request.

Casper

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office365 and Password change


Casper Pedersen;249575 Wrote:
> On 10/3/14, 5:08 PM, mJg2XW wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a password policy in my environment (elementary school)

> that�s
> > allow user to use only 6 character, and no needs for complex password
> > rules.
> >
> > When a student changes its password to: abcd123, this password is

> synced
> > to Office365. Now the student can make a login to Office365, but is
> > forced to change its password to meet the Office 365 Complex Password
> > rules.
> >
> > When the Office365 driver creates a new user in the Office365 cloud,

> it
> > can be created with a mix of this GCV�s settings (Set Password

> Never
> > Expires, Disable Force Change Password at First Login and Set Strong
> > Password Required).
> >
> > Can these settings also be used on a password change from the Vault

> to
> > Office365?
> >
> > /Michael

>
> The "force change password" is a know issue and will be fixed in the
> next release of the driver (I do not know when that'll be).
>
> If you really need a fix now, open a service request.
>
> Casper



Hi

Thanks for all your replays. I will open a service request.

/Michael


--
mJg2XW
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mJg2XW's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=442
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51886

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office365 and Password change


mJg2XW;249584 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for all your replays. I will open a service request.
>
> /Michael


Did you get anything from your SR on this?

I tried to open a SR about this and was told that this will only be
fixed in the 4.5 version of the package and nothing could be done for
4.0.2

Now I am running the latest package for the driver that got release with
4.5 but still run in the same issue (password change in eDir will change
password in o365 but also force a password change).

Mathieu


--
mdallaire
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mdallaire's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=3112
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51886

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office365 and Password change

On 11/27/14, 5:07 PM, mdallaire wrote:
>
> mJg2XW;249584 Wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Thanks for all your replays. I will open a service request.
>>
>> /Michael

>
> Did you get anything from your SR on this?
>
> I tried to open a SR about this and was told that this will only be
> fixed in the 4.5 version of the package and nothing could be done for
> 4.0.2
>
> Now I am running the latest package for the driver that got release with
> 4.5 but still run in the same issue (password change in eDir will change
> password in o365 but also force a password change).
>
> Mathieu


Mathieu, could you please send me an email with the Service Request
number where this happened to you, I would like to help you.

My email address is cpedersen at novell dot com.

Thanks,

Casper

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Office365 and Password change


Casper Pedersen;251541 Wrote:
> On 11/27/14, 5:07 PM, mdallaire wrote:
> >
> > mJg2XW;249584 Wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Thanks for all your replays. I will open a service request.
> >>
> >> /Michael

> >
> > Did you get anything from your SR on this?
> >
> > I tried to open a SR about this and was told that this will only be
> > fixed in the 4.5 version of the package and nothing could be done for
> > 4.0.2
> >
> > Now I am running the latest package for the driver that got release

> with
> > 4.5 but still run in the same issue (password change in eDir will

> change
> > password in o365 but also force a password change).
> >
> > Mathieu

>
> Mathieu, could you please send me an email with the Service Request
> number where this happened to you, I would like to help you.
>
> My email address is cpedersen at novell dot com.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Casper


I just emailed you. Thanks for the follow up on this.

Mathieu


--
mdallaire
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mdallaire's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=3112
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51886

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.