Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
179 views

Operate on inverse of picklist

Have a picklist where the selected value(s) needs to be granted and all the un-selected values need to be revoked.

Granting based on the selected values is working fine.
However, I'm unclear as to how to handle the other part. I've not really dug into it, but it seems that the data passed into the workflow from this field is only the selected values.

Do I need to maintain a "shadow" field that contains the un-selected values? How would I go about this?

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Operate on inverse of picklist

On 02/24/2014 09:16 AM, Alex McHugh wrote:
> Have a picklist where the selected value(s) needs to be granted and all the un-selected values need to be revoked.
>
> Granting based on the selected values is working fine.
> However, I'm unclear as to how to handle the other part. I've not really dug into it, but it seems that the data passed into the workflow from this field is only the selected values.
>
> Do I need to maintain a "shadow" field that contains the un-selected values? How would I go about this?
>

Greetings Alex,
Can you please describe a bit more? What are you picking from on
the list, is it all of the resources available or the ones that the user
has assigned?


--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Operate on inverse of picklist

Steven Williams wrote:

> On 02/24/2014 09:16 AM, Alex McHugh wrote:
> > Have a picklist where the selected value(s) needs to be granted and all the un-selected values need to be revoked.
> >
> > Granting based on the selected values is working fine.
> > However, I'm unclear as to how to handle the other part. I've not really dug into it, but it seems that the data passed into the workflow from this field is only the selected values.
> >
> > Do I need to maintain a "shadow" field that contains the un-selected values? How would I go about this?
> >

> Greetings Alex,
> Can you please describe a bit more? What are you picking from on the list, is it all of the resources available or the ones that the user has assigned?


Steve:

The list is a subset of the roles available to the user.
This is a picklist control bound to a filtered by Role Category nrfRole DAL object, display expression is nrfLocalizedNames.

No problem granting the DNs of selected items via the role activity, but I want to ensure any items that are not selected are revoked (assuming they are assigned). These roles don't require approval.


--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Operate on inverse of picklist

Alex,

you'de need two lists: one for granting and another one for revoking,
and pass these to the Role Request Activity.

You could either create that 2nd ("revoke") list in the form and pass it
to flowdata; or you can do the delta math in a mapping activity and
create the revoke list there (which also would reduce the risk of
malevolent users tampering with debuggers and forms)

Wolfgang



On 24.02.2014 16:59, Alex McHugh wrote:
> Steven Williams wrote:
>
>> On 02/24/2014 09:16 AM, Alex McHugh wrote:
>>> Have a picklist where the selected value(s) needs to be granted and all the un-selected values need to be revoked.
>>>
>>> Granting based on the selected values is working fine.
>>> However, I'm unclear as to how to handle the other part. I've not really dug into it, but it seems that the data passed into the workflow from this field is only the selected values.
>>>
>>> Do I need to maintain a "shadow" field that contains the un-selected values? How would I go about this?
>>>

>> Greetings Alex,
>> Can you please describe a bit more? What are you picking from on the list, is it all of the resources available or the ones that the user has assigned?

>
> Steve:
>
> The list is a subset of the roles available to the user.
> This is a picklist control bound to a filtered by Role Category nrfRole DAL object, display expression is nrfLocalizedNames.
>
> No problem granting the DNs of selected items via the role activity, but I want to ensure any items that are not selected are revoked (assuming they are assigned). These roles don't require approval.
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Operate on inverse of picklist

On 02/24/2014 03:48 PM, Wolfgang Schreiber wrote:
> Alex,
>
> you'de need two lists: one for granting and another one for revoking,
> and pass these to the Role Request Activity.
>
> You could either create that 2nd ("revoke") list in the form and pass it
> to flowdata; or you can do the delta math in a mapping activity and
> create the revoke list there (which also would reduce the risk of
> malevolent users tampering with debuggers and forms)
>
> Wolfgang
>
>
>
> On 24.02.2014 16:59, Alex McHugh wrote:
>> Steven Williams wrote:
>>
>>> On 02/24/2014 09:16 AM, Alex McHugh wrote:
>>>> Have a picklist where the selected value(s) needs to be granted and
>>>> all the un-selected values need to be revoked.
>>>>
>>>> Granting based on the selected values is working fine.
>>>> However, I'm unclear as to how to handle the other part. I've not
>>>> really dug into it, but it seems that the data passed into the
>>>> workflow from this field is only the selected values.
>>>>
>>>> Do I need to maintain a "shadow" field that contains the un-selected
>>>> values? How would I go about this?
>>>>
>>> Greetings Alex,
>>> Can you please describe a bit more? What are you picking from on
>>> the list, is it all of the resources available or the ones that the
>>> user has assigned?

>>
>> Steve:
>>
>> The list is a subset of the roles available to the user.
>> This is a picklist control bound to a filtered by Role Category
>> nrfRole DAL object, display expression is nrfLocalizedNames.
>>
>> No problem granting the DNs of selected items via the role activity,
>> but I want to ensure any items that are not selected are revoked
>> (assuming they are assigned). These roles don't require approval.
>>
>>

Greetings Alex,
Looks like Wolfgang beat me to the answer.

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.