Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PeopleSoft Driver Crash


dgersic;248957 Wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:26:38 +0000, matt wrote:
>
> > dgersic;248941 Wrote:
> >> On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 03:39:03 +0000, matt wrote:
> >>
> >> > Did you ever figure out what causing this? I just started seeing
> >> this
> >> > exact same problem at a customer running the PS Driver as a remote
> >> > loader using the Java remote loader. They had it running local on
> >> the
> >> > engine server for many years without incident and now I started
> >> seeing
> >> > this problem.
> >>
> >> What PS Tool version?
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> David Gersic
> >> dgersic_@_niu.edu
> >> Knowledge Partner
> >> http://forums.netiq.com
> >>
> >> Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via
> >> email.
> >> If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.

> >
> >
> > People Tools 8.49.15

>
> Wow. That's a lot older than what I'm running here. Are you planning to
> upgrade PS to 8.53.13 any time soon?
>
>
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> David Gersic
> dgersic_@_niu.edu
> Knowledge Partner
> http://forums.netiq.com
>
> Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via
> email.
> If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.



Unfortunately, that is totally out of my control, other folks at this
customer handle the PeopleSoft environment, I just take what they
provide more or less.


But what is troubling is that this has run for years (at least 7 years)
flawlessly, no problems. The only reason we moved it to remote loader
on the PS server itself was to encrypt the traffic (audit finding). Two
days after we switch to remote loader this happens. So my guess is it
has something to do with running under the Java remote loader, but I
don't know what.

It has only happened once so far, so I'm keeping an eye on it. But the
fact that we saw the exact same error you did means there is something
more to this I think.

Matt


--
matt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
matt's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=183
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51159

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PeopleSoft Driver Crash

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:03:38 +0000, matt wrote:

> dgersic;248957 Wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:26:38 +0000, matt wrote:
>>
>> > dgersic;248941 Wrote:
>> >> On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 03:39:03 +0000, matt wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > Did you ever figure out what causing this? I just started seeing
>> >> this
>> >> > exact same problem at a customer running the PS Driver as a remote
>> >> > loader using the Java remote loader. They had it running local on
>> >> the
>> >> > engine server for many years without incident and now I started
>> >> seeing
>> >> > this problem.
>> >>
>> >> What PS Tool version?
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >>

>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >> David Gersic
>> >> dgersic_@_niu.edu
>> >> Knowledge Partner
>> >> http://forums.netiq.com
>> >>
>> >> Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via
>> >> email.
>> >> If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
>> >
>> >
>> > People Tools 8.49.15

>>
>> Wow. That's a lot older than what I'm running here. Are you planning to
>> upgrade PS to 8.53.13 any time soon?
>>
>>
>> --
>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> David Gersic
>> dgersic_@_niu.edu
>> Knowledge Partner
>> http://forums.netiq.com
>>
>> Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via
>> email.
>> If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.

>
>
> Unfortunately, that is totally out of my control, other folks at this
> customer handle the PeopleSoft environment, I just take what they
> provide more or less.


Understood. I'm just surprised that they're running a tools version that
old.


> But what is troubling is that this has run for years (at least 7 years)
> flawlessly, no problems. The only reason we moved it to remote loader
> on the PS server itself was to encrypt the traffic (audit finding). Two
> days after we switch to remote loader this happens. So my guess is it
> has something to do with running under the Java remote loader, but I
> don't know what.
>
> It has only happened once so far, so I'm keeping an eye on it. But the
> fact that we saw the exact same error you did means there is something
> more to this I think.


Hm. Java remote loader or regular remote loader? I'm running it in the
regular (Win64) remote loader here, and it's working fine for me. I've
not tried running it in the Java remote loader.


--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PeopleSoft Driver Crash


dgersic;248962 Wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:03:38 +0000, matt wrote:
>
> > dgersic;248957 Wrote:
> >> On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:26:38 +0000, matt wrote:
> >>
> >> > dgersic;248941 Wrote:
> >> >> On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 03:39:03 +0000, matt wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> > Did you ever figure out what causing this? I just started

> seeing
> >> >> this
> >> >> > exact same problem at a customer running the PS Driver as a

> remote
> >> >> > loader using the Java remote loader. They had it running local

> on
> >> >> the
> >> >> > engine server for many years without incident and now I started
> >> >> seeing
> >> >> > this problem.
> >> >>
> >> >> What PS Tool version?
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >>
> >>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> >> David Gersic
> >> >> dgersic_@_niu.edu
> >> >> Knowledge Partner
> >> >> http://forums.netiq.com
> >> >>
> >> >> Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via
> >> >> email.
> >> >> If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > People Tools 8.49.15
> >>
> >> Wow. That's a lot older than what I'm running here. Are you planning

> to
> >> upgrade PS to 8.53.13 any time soon?
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> David Gersic
> >> dgersic_@_niu.edu
> >> Knowledge Partner
> >> http://forums.netiq.com
> >>
> >> Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via
> >> email.
> >> If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.

> >
> >
> > Unfortunately, that is totally out of my control, other folks at this
> > customer handle the PeopleSoft environment, I just take what they
> > provide more or less.

>
> Understood. I'm just surprised that they're running a tools version
> that
> old.
>
>
> > But what is troubling is that this has run for years (at least 7

> years)
> > flawlessly, no problems. The only reason we moved it to remote

> loader
> > on the PS server itself was to encrypt the traffic (audit finding).

> Two
> > days after we switch to remote loader this happens. So my guess is

> it
> > has something to do with running under the Java remote loader, but I
> > don't know what.
> >
> > It has only happened once so far, so I'm keeping an eye on it. But

> the
> > fact that we saw the exact same error you did means there is

> something
> > more to this I think.

>
> Hm. Java remote loader or regular remote loader? I'm running it in the
> regular (Win64) remote loader here, and it's working fine for me. I've
> not tried running it in the Java remote loader.
>
>
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> David Gersic
> dgersic_@_niu.edu
> Knowledge Partner
> http://forums.netiq.com
>
> Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via
> email.
> If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.



Now I may inquire as to why they are so old. But this is manufacturing
sector, so they tend to leave it if it ain't broke. Heck, I had one
customer still using DOS and VLMs over IPX booting from a boot ROM for
their plant floor machines up until a few months ago. It was rock solid
stable, so they never changed it.


This is Java remote loader running run on the IBM Midrange system, so
AIX I believe. It's literally running on the actual PS server I
believe.

So did you ever figure out what this issue was? Are you still having the
problem?


Matt


--
matt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
matt's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=183
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51159

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PeopleSoft Driver Crash

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:42:38 +0000, matt wrote:

> Now I may inquire as to why they are so old. But this is manufacturing
> sector, so they tend to leave it if it ain't broke.


I have some sympathy for that view, but things like HR updates include
legal changes, from what I understand, so you have to stay reasonably
current. Anyway, not my circus, not my monkeys...


> This is Java remote loader running run on the IBM Midrange system, so
> AIX I believe. It's literally running on the actual PS server I
> believe.


Interesting. I guess one thing you could try is putting it back the way
it was. It's possible that there's something in the Java remote loader
that's different enough for whatever this is to happen. It seems
unlikely, but possible. Or you could change JRE versions to see if that
helps or not, or makes it worse.


> So did you ever figure out what this issue was? Are you still having the
> problem?


I've never had it here. I run the PeopleSoft drivers in remote loaders on
a Windows box. Original poster "schwoerb" did, but doesn't seem to be
watching this thread.


--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.