Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Permissions to allow end users to see other users on People/Users

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have the user app (4.7.2 right now) set to allow users to see the People/Users page but they are only able to see their own profile.  I gave them read access to the attributes I want them to see in edirectory, but they still only see their own profile.  How can we allow this?

Thanks,

Jeremiah

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I found the issue (with the help of support).  The users need to be able to read all the attributes that are in the "User Search Default Attribute" list.  I had two attributes added to that list that I had not granted them access to read.  Once that was added it works like expected.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

To see a user you need Entry rights.  To see an attriute you need atrribute rights.

Did you give them Entry Browse/Compare rights to the users?

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks Geoff.  I had not given them Entry rights.  I did that now and it still doesn't appear to work.  The user app looks at o=data and I made this change in data/users/corporate.  Do I have to add entry rights on o=data instead?  I am trying to allow these users to only see users in the corporate OU.  It works how I expect via ldap.

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello,

I have set the entry rights on the data ou (data.jpg) and attribute rights on data/users/corporate (corporate.jpg).  Do these look correct to allow corporate users to see other corporate users?

Thanks,

Jeremiah

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I found the issue (with the help of support).  The users need to be able to read all the attributes that are in the "User Search Default Attribute" list.  I had two attributes added to that list that I had not granted them access to read.  Once that was added it works like expected.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.