Ensign
Ensign

PostgreSQL Database Clustering

Hi,

Anyone got experience in doing PostgreSQL db clustering? Is it possible to achieve without any third party tools?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Our DBA's use https://github.com/citusdata/pg_auto_failover to create postgres clusters.  It is active/passive, but seems to be one of the easiest ways to do it.  I haven't put IDM on the cluster yet.

Ensign
Ensign

Hi,

Thanks for the info provided. May I know if there's any pre-requisite or best practices when implement this? Besides, can this work with SAN storage?

Thanks. 

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I'm not an expert on the software so I don't know the best practices other than what is on the site.  We are using it with databases on SAN storage.  It does replicate the data between two servers so will take double the space as opposed to sharing the disk.

Ensign
Ensign

Noted and much thanks for the info provided.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.