tn_outdoors_sfb
New Member.

Problem with GUID query from PRD IDM4.7.3

I have a unique problem in a PRD using IDM Apps on 4.7.3.  I have the GUID for an object, but I need to find the DN of that object in eDirectory.  I have an entity created for the object class that includes the GUID in the definition.  I also have constructed a Global Query that allows me to pass the GUID as the parameter for the query. etc....

Here is the format of the GUID that I start with:

• 982247AF711A3B46BAD8982247AF711A

Now, if I pass the value to the query in that format I simply see that format being passed along (which fails in the query).  The reason is that this is actually a 16 byte Hex string.  If you pass the value in, say, Apache Directory Studio in the following format it works:

• \98\22\47\AF\71\1A\3B\46\BA\D8\98\22\47\AF\71\1A

You have to escape each value for it to work.  So here is what I see in the catalina.out:

For the first option I see this:

• (GUID=0B651E805710E84C86BB0B651E805710)

But if I pass it an escaped string I get this:

• (GUID=\5c\5c0B\5c\5c65\5c\5c1E\5c\5c80\5c\5c57\5c\5c10\5c\5cE8\5c\5c4C\5c\5c86\5c\5cBB\5c\5c0B\5c\5c65\5c\5c1E\5c\5c80\5c\5c57\5c\5c10)

The "\5c" is the hex value for the "\" character.  It's escaping my escape characters instead of treating them like escape characters.

Both queries fail.  So I thought, let's run it through some ecma script and get the character codes out of it which results in this (side note... if you return the GUID from an object in eDir this is the format it returns it in):

• e€WèL†» e€W

That produces a query something like this (which also fails):

• (GUID=^Ke^^<80>W^PèL<86>»^Ke^^<80>W)

So my question to the world is.... Does anybody know how to make this work?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
tn_outdoors_sfb
New Member.

Re: Problem with GUID query from PRD IDM4.7.3

I have resolved this issue by going at the information a different way.  However, if anyone knows of a way to properly compare the value of a GUID via global query, please share as I would like to find a way to do it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.