Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Problem with IDM REST API Parameter & Documentation

Hello,

i would like to request informations about tasks via the IDM rest api. To do that i use the documentation and take a look on the idmdash (Developer console in browser) to get the information on how i can use the api for my request.

1. the known swagger REST Api docu lacks on request examples. @mf: please update idmappsdoc and use all features from swagger (example, model, execute on,...) to better document the api.

2. Most parameters don't  have a function. As result of my test - only the parameter used by the idmdash ui are implemented. Hopefully it isn't, but based on the documentation ->look point 1.

As Example:

Goal: Admin requests a list af all tasks with receipient "user12".

based on the documentation: https://idm.server.com:port/IDMProv/rest/access/tasks/list/others?fromIndex=1&size=25&q=&sortOrder=desc&sortBy=createTime&assignedTo=assignedTo&recipient=User12&expireUnit=weeks&expireWithin=&proxyUser=&assignStatus=&status=

expected response: only tasks with requested receipient

real response: all taks without any filter

Check idmdash ui for such kind of request and found only the "q" querry parameter is used.

next check: https://idm.server.com:port/IDMProv/rest/access/tasks/list/others?fromIndex=1&size=25&q=User12&sortOrder=desc&sortBy=createTime&assignedTo=assignedTo&recipient=&expireUnit=weeks&expireWithin=&proxyUser=&assignStatus=&status=

response: all tasks with "User12" in some of the tasks fields

--> works as expected, but it is no solution for a receipient filter :-(.

That is only a example, i found many unusable parameter in the rest api documentation.

Does anybody have the same problem or an idea about the logic behind documentation and idmdash ui? Maybe i have a misunderstanding on my side.

Thank you

Taito

PS: checked on IDM 4.8, IDM 4.7.x

Labels (1)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.