rrawson Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
403 views

Programmatic Role Resource Association


So you can associate a resource with a role in User App, and you can do
it in Role Mapping Administrator. What if you wanted to do it in policy
or in workflow? Any published APIs?

Thanx
Rob


--
Robert Rawson
Subject Area Master - Identity and Access Management
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rrawson's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=4898
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450141

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Programmatic Role Resource Association

On 12/30/2011 03:36 PM, rrawson wrote:
>
> So you can associate a resource with a role in User App, and you can do
> it in Role Mapping Administrator. What if you wanted to do it in policy
> or in workflow? Any published APIs?
>
> Thanx
> Rob
>
>

Greetings Rob,
I believe you are in 370 and the SOAP/REST api is not exposed until
401. There is no IDM policy as of yet.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Programmatic Role Resource Association

On 12/31/2011 08:10 AM, Steven Williams wrote:
> On 12/30/2011 03:36 PM, rrawson wrote:
>>
>> So you can associate a resource with a role in User App, and you can do
>> it in Role Mapping Administrator. What if you wanted to do it in policy
>> or in workflow? Any published APIs?
>>
>> Thanx
>> Rob
>>
>>

> Greetings Rob,
> I believe you are in 370 and the SOAP/REST api is not exposed until 401.
> There is no IDM policy as of yet.
>

Greetings Rob,
When you do finally upgrade to 401 (or later), the following
endpoint in the Role WSDL is what you would use:
"createResourceAssociationRequest"

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Programmatic Role Resource Association

On 12/31/2011 08:24 AM, Steven Williams wrote:
> On 12/31/2011 08:10 AM, Steven Williams wrote:
>> On 12/30/2011 03:36 PM, rrawson wrote:
>>>
>>> So you can associate a resource with a role in User App, and you can do
>>> it in Role Mapping Administrator. What if you wanted to do it in policy
>>> or in workflow? Any published APIs?
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>> Rob
>>>
>>>

>> Greetings Rob,
>> I believe you are in 370 and the SOAP/REST api is not exposed until 401.
>> There is no IDM policy as of yet.
>>

> Greetings Rob,
> When you do finally upgrade to 401 (or later), the following endpoint in
> the Role WSDL is what you would use: "createResourceAssociationRequest"
>

Greetings Rob,
I had also outlined this in the thread "Importing Resources on IDM
4.01"

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.