ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

REST Driver 1.1 Release

We are pleased to announce the availability of the latest update to the REST driver. Some notable enhancements

1. Enhanced Authentication and OAuth 2.0 support.
  2. Enhanced logging and debugging capabilities including a walkthrough of a sample application connectivity.

We hope the community takes the new release for a spin. Please reach out to me for any comments or feedback.

Release Notes

Documentation

Download

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

Hi!

I haven't tried it yet, but looking at the read me, this one sticks out to me:

Bug 1153678 - Enhanced the ability to handle expired JWT tokens efficiently

I did not know that the REST driver supports JWT, is this a new feature from version 1.1? Tried to look at the documentation, but it doesn't mention JWT as far as I can see.

Best regards

Marcus

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@Marcus Tornberg  yes,  JWT is just a token type,  REST driver supports Oauth 2.0 Authorization which includes REST shim handling of the access token and refreshes tokens, I have used NetIQ REST connector with Azure resource manager and also with NetIQ identity application REST api to automate delegate administration;

/Maqsood.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.