rcano Contributor.
Contributor.

REST Driver - Timeout waiting for connection from pool

Hi guys,

I'm doing a synchronization process through the REST Driver as follows:

1) Firstly, I create a nodeset with all the active users who must be synced and the needed attributes.

2) Secondly, I iterate through the nodeset performing the following operations:

2.a) If I don't have the user ID already, i perform a query to obtain it.
2.b) I update the desired attributes performing 4 PUT calls to the API.

During the process I can see the the trace stucked at some API call, and returning the following seconds later:

<nds dtdversion="3.0">
<nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
<source>
<product edition="Standard" version="4.5.3.0">DirXML</product>
<contact>NetIQ Corporation</contact>
</source>
<output>
<status level="retry">Code(-9006) The driver returned a "retry" status indicating that the operation should be retried later. Detail from driver: ConnectionTimeOut: Timeout waiting for connection from pool</status>
</output>
</nds>
[11/08/16 12:02:29.691]:Driver Profiles Sync ST:Requesting 30 second retry delay.
[11/08/16 12:02:29.694]:Driver Profiles Sync ST:
DirXML Log Event -------------------
Driver: \IDV\system\driverset\DrvProfilesSync
Channel: Subscriber
Message: Code(-9006) The driver returned a "retry" status indicating that the operation should be retried later. Detail from driver: Code(-9006) The driver returned a "retry" status indicating that the operation should be retried later. Detail from driver: ConnectionTimeOut: Timeout waiting for connection from pool

The amount of users to synchronize is more than 1000 and the process stops always with the same user. I tried to perform the synchronization only with the stucked user and it worked fine, but restarting the whole sync process the problem appears at the same point.

Any clues?

Regards,
Rodrigo Cano
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
rcano Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: REST Driver - Timeout waiting for connection from pool

The problem is solved.

An updated commons-codec1.3.jar class file in the engine was producing java errors with the Base64 Encode token and that made the connections couldn't be closed properly.

replacing the class file with the updated one from the Nidm_Rest_Driver.zip from downloads solved the problem.

Regards,
Rodrigo Cano
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: REST Driver - Timeout waiting for connection from pool

Thanks for posting back your results.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.