Highlighted
mjuricek1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

REST Driver and authentication by client certificate

Hi IDM community,

REST driver allows 3 type of authentication methods only (or 2, one is no authentication). Anonymous, Basic (Username and password) and OAuth 2.0.
I need to authenticate to resource by client certificate and I have no clue how to do it.
Do you have any experience with it? I found one post about that here in the forum but I would like to see an example of implementation in policies.
Could you please share more details how to add a support for this type of authentication?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Milan
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
rsynoradzki
Visitor.

Re: REST Driver and authentication by client certificate

Maybe setting up mutual ssl will help you here.
The Driver-Documentation will give you needed hints how to configure it. (You need a truststore and a keystore and signed certificates as this are standards for mutual ssl connections)
Not in the Driver-Documentation: Set authentication to "Basic", set the Certificate-Alias as "Username", keep the keystore password/certificate password equal and put it in the password-field.
There is no special code in any policy.
0 Likes
mjuricek1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: REST Driver and authentication by client certificate

Mutual authentication works well for me. I set authentication method to Anonymous and just putted the certificates to the keystore. Easy at the end. The challenge was to get the right certificates only 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.