Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Prasanthi1228 Contributor.
Contributor.

RESTDriver-Delete Operation Err response-status 400 Bad req

Hi Team,
I am trying to trigger a delete API from NETIQ REST Driver. While triggering, the Delete operation is giving an error response as <status:400 Bad Request>. The rest driver is connected to a Gateway where the target APIs were exposed. As a part of Delete API, we are sending a request body(Delete Payload) from NetIQ rest driver, but that request body is disappearing at GateWay. Does the Rest Driver supports to send the Request Body(payload) for DELETE Operation? Below are the request and responses.

REST Driver REQUEST:-
<request>
<url-token association="XXXX"/>
<header content-type="application/json"/>
<value>{"attributeid":AAA}</value>
</request>

REST Driver Delete Request URL:-
DELETE to https://<<Delete URL>>

Response:-
<response>
<url-token association="XXX"/>
<value message="Bad Request" status="400"></value>
</response>

GateWay Error:-
java exception:
com.vordel.coreapireg.runtime.broker.InvokableMethodParamException: Unable to check if parameter 'Body' is required. No body specified
at

Could you please suggest on this issue. Does the Rest Driver supports to send the Request Body(payload) for DELETE Operation? Please suggest.

Thanks
Prasanthi.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: RESTDriver-Delete Operation Err response-status 400 Bad

Prasanthi1228;2489246 wrote:
Hi Team,
I am trying to trigger a delete API from NETIQ REST Driver. While triggering, the Delete operation is giving an error response as <status:400 Bad Request>. The rest driver is connected to a Gateway where the target APIs were exposed. As a part of Delete API, we are sending a request body(Delete Payload) from NetIQ rest driver, but that request body is disappearing at GateWay. Does the Rest Driver supports to send the Request Body(payload) for DELETE Operation? Below are the request and responses.

REST Driver REQUEST:-
<request>
<url-token association="XXXX"/>
<value>{"attributeid":AAA}</value>
</request>

REST Driver Delete Request URL:-
DELETE to https://<<Delete URL>>

Response:-
<response>
<url-token association="XXX"/>
<value message="Bad Request" status="400"></value>
</response>

GateWay Error:-
java exception:
com.vordel.coreapireg.runtime.broker.InvokableMethodParamException: Unable to check if parameter 'Body' is required. No body specified
at

Could you please suggest on this issue. Does the Rest Driver supports to send the Request Body(payload) for DELETE Operation? Please suggest.

Thanks
Prasanthi.

A level 3 trace of the event being processed should show you exactly what is being sent to the service. Look there first. Post it here so we can see it, if needed.
0 Likes
Prasanthi1228 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,
I will not be able to provide the full trace. Just want to understand whether the REST Driver will support the REQUEST BODY to be sent while performing the DELETE operation. I have enabled the trace level to 3 and I am able to see the request has been successfully constructed after submitting document to subscriber shim.

Thanks
Prasanthi
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Prasanthi1228;2489550 wrote:
Hi,
I will not be able to provide the full trace. Just want to understand whether the REST Driver will support the REQUEST BODY to be sent while performing the DELETE operation. I have enabled the trace level to 3 and I am able to see the request has been successfully constructed after submitting document to subscriber shim.

Thanks
Prasanthi

Well, without being able to see what you're looking at, we can't do much to help you with this.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: RESTDriver-Delete Operation Err response-status 400 Bad req

On 10/25/2018 8:56 PM, Prasanthi1228 wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I will not be able to provide the full trace. Just want to understand
> whether the REST Driver will support the REQUEST BODY to be sent while
> performing the DELETE operation. I have enabled the trace level to 3 and
> I am able to see the request has been successfully constructed after
> submitting document to subscriber shim.

You will have to open an SR to get someone from engineering to answer
that, since it is not documented and we just do not know.

A trace would be helpful in case there is something slightly more subtle
going on, and people often misread things and focus on one error when
the root cause is elsewhere.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.