Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

RRSD question

Hi,

When RRSD process a request, such as a role assignment, does it need to communicate with the UA?I know the UA creates the request object when you assign a role using SOAP.

Or is the RRSD standalone after the request object has been created in eDirectory?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: RRSD question

If there is an approval workflow tied to the role, RRSD will start it with a SOAP call to IDMProv.

--
Norbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

That is a good example

There is also some unspecified SOAP call made when you grant a role to a user. I have seen it error with a SOAP error but not sure what the final SOAP call is doing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Does that mean if the role is "plain", i.e. without any workflows attached, it doesn't need to talk to the UA?

Thanks Norbert.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I think that for Norbert's example, yes.  for mine, no. 

If you have amoment, kick RRSD logging up pretty high (I do think 3 was enough but I forget now) and then do a Role assignment when the UA is not available.  (LDIF in the nrfRequest I guess to test this) and see if you get an error about a failed connection to UA.  Might not be there anymore in 4.7.x since I last saw in 4.5 or earlier. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.