Hendrik1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RSA Authentication Manager Provisioning

Hi

I have a request to integrate RSA Authentication Manager 8.4 with an existing NetIQ IDM 4.7 Environment.

Has anyone successfully achieved this using SOAP / Web Services / DB or anything else.

I prefer not procuring another Driver specifically for this such as the one from Trivir.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: RSA Authentication Manager Provisioning

Hendrik;2500355 wrote:
Hi

I have a request to integrate RSA Authentication Manager 8.4 with an existing NetIQ IDM 4.7 Environment.

Has anyone successfully achieved this using SOAP / Web Services / DB or anything else.

I prefer not procuring another Driver specifically for this such as the one from Trivir.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Haven't done it. What APIs does it offer? Start there. If it's a SOAP or REST interface, it should be straightforward.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: RSA Authentication Manager Provisioning

dgersic;2500399 wrote:
Haven't done it. What APIs does it offer? Start there. If it's a SOAP or REST interface, it should be straightforward.

Never tried on my own, but it looks like Authentication Manager from version 8.3 support REST API.

Authentication Manager 8.3+ or SecurID Access support a new REST based authentication API which will gradually replace the previous proprietary API that used a proprietary communication protocol on UDP port 5500 via SDKs available for selected platforms.

One of the big advantages of the new REST API is that it can be consumed from almost any platform capable of forming a valid REST request. The management of agent hosts is also simplified, as it doesn't require to establish a node secret.

The downside is that you'll have to take care of load balancing requests between your AM servers. Unlike the Authentication SDK, failover and load-balancing need to be taken care of by the consuming application or by infrastructure like a load balancer.

The REST API listens by default on TCP port 5555, although this can be changed to any other suitable port via the AM Security Console. On the same page you can enable the REST API.

http://safearea.com.au/blog/posts/2018/december/the-new-am-rest-authentication-api/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.