TE Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
378 views

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database


Since this got no answer, I thought I'd bump it to see if we can get a
response. I have a need to reinitialize the EAS database and would
prefer not to have to reinstall everything as the last time I did that,
it broke User App. Not to mention re-patching.

Anybody?


--
tse7147
------------------------------------------------------------------------
tse7147's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=4730
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=441948

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database


Bump...

does anyone actually use the reporting module which comes with Novell
IDM 4.x?

thanks, Peter

snbiam;9842 Wrote:
> Hello
>
> We have the same issue as mentioned above. We also would like to
> reinitialize the EAS database without reinstalling (and repatching)
> the
> complete reporting component.
>
> In the reporting documentation we can read: "When you remove the Data
> Collection Service driver, you must also refresh the database."
>
> But no mention how to refresh.
> On sentinel documentation I found a script called "clean_db.sh", but
> not for sentinel_eas.
>
> Regards,
> P.
>
>
> --
> snbiam
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> snbiam's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=124272
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=441948



--
pga72
------------------------------------------------------------------------
pga72's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=383
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=964

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database


Hi, I'm also looking to clean the reporting database and re-migrate the
entire tree. This is because the DCS was disabled for several months,
now the reporting is working well, but the data in the db is outdated.

I didn't find documentation about it, and i don't wanna reinstall and
repatch all the reporting components.

Any idea?

Thanks.


--
sarietti
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sarietti's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=2277
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=964

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database

On 12/11/2013 01:44 PM, sarietti wrote:
>
> Hi, I'm also looking to clean the reporting database and re-migrate the
> entire tree. This is because the DCS was disabled for several months,
> now the reporting is working well, but the data in the db is outdated.
>
> I didn't find documentation about it, and i don't wanna reinstall and
> repatch all the reporting components.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

Greetings,
As of 402 there is a REST call that you can make to clean out the
database. I do believe the process is documented

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database


Thanks Steven, I'm actually using UserApp - Reporting 4.0.1 Patch B.
Is there a REST call in this version to clean out the database?

If so, Where i can find it?

Greetings,

Steven Williams;237979 Wrote:
> On 12/11/2013 01:44 PM, sarietti wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I'm also looking to clean the reporting database and re-migrate

> the
> > entire tree. This is because the DCS was disabled for several months,
> > now the reporting is working well, but the data in the db is

> outdated.
> >
> > I didn't find documentation about it, and i don't wanna reinstall and
> > repatch all the reporting components.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >

> Greetings,
> As of 402 there is a REST call that you can make to clean out the
> database. I do believe the process is documented
>
> --
>
> Sincerely,
> Steven Williams
> Lead Software Engineer
> NetIQ



--
sarietti
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sarietti's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=2277
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=16778

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database

On 12/16/2013 12:04 PM, sarietti wrote:
>
> Thanks Steven, I'm actually using UserApp - Reporting 4.0.1 Patch B.
> Is there a REST call in this version to clean out the database?
>
> If so, Where i can find it?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Steven Williams;237979 Wrote:
>> On 12/11/2013 01:44 PM, sarietti wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I'm also looking to clean the reporting database and re-migrate

>> the
>>> entire tree. This is because the DCS was disabled for several months,
>>> now the reporting is working well, but the data in the db is

>> outdated.
>>>
>>> I didn't find documentation about it, and i don't wanna reinstall and
>>> repatch all the reporting components.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>

>> Greetings,
>> As of 402 there is a REST call that you can make to clean out the
>> database. I do believe the process is documented
>>
>> --
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Steven Williams
>> Lead Software Engineer
>> NetIQ

>
>

Greetings,
It is only available starting with 4.0.2.

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database


Hi,

If you can get your hands on the Sentinel Database Management (SDM)
Utility which came along with Sentinel RD. You can use it to "drop" old
partitions of data from the EAS Database as well. I addition to this it
alwos you to configure when the Sentinel DB should start dropping data
automatically.

Unless you can not get this utility I guess the only way is to use
PGAdmin to fulfill this task.

Unfortunally I have at this time no access to an EAS server, but I guess
with a little searching someone can find the parameters in the config
table to control the automatic dropping.

Hopefully this will get better supported - and documented with upcoming
updates to the EAS server.

Thorsten


--
tschloesser
------------------------------------------------------------------------
tschloesser's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=3232
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=964

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database

Hi,
you can get SDM from
https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/cool_tools/idm-4-x-database
-management-tool-for-audit-events/

Note that with SDM, you can only remove data from the auditing schema.
You'll have to follow the procedure indicated by Steven to clear out all
them idmrpt* tables.

Norbert

>>> On 12.12.2013 at 14:54, tschloesser<tschloesser@no-mx.forums.netiq.com>

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you can get your hands on the Sentinel Database Management (SDM)
> Utility which came along with Sentinel RD. You can use it to "drop" old
> partitions of data from the EAS Database as well. I addition to this it
> alwos you to configure when the Sentinel DB should start dropping data
> automatically.
>
> Unless you can not get this utility I guess the only way is to use
> PGAdmin to fulfill this task.
>
> Unfortunally I have at this time no access to an EAS server, but I guess
> with a little searching someone can find the parameters in the config
> table to control the automatic dropping.
>
> Hopefully this will get better supported ‑ and documented with upcoming
> updates to the EAS server.
>
> Thorsten


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database

On 12/12/2013 08:54 AM, tschloesser wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> If you can get your hands on the Sentinel Database Management (SDM)
> Utility which came along with Sentinel RD. You can use it to "drop" old
> partitions of data from the EAS Database as well. I addition to this it
> alwos you to configure when the Sentinel DB should start dropping data
> automatically.
>
> Unless you can not get this utility I guess the only way is to use
> PGAdmin to fulfill this task.
>
> Unfortunally I have at this time no access to an EAS server, but I guess
> with a little searching someone can find the parameters in the config
> table to control the automatic dropping.
>
> Hopefully this will get better supported - and documented with upcoming
> updates to the EAS server.
>
> Thorsten
>
>

Greetings Thorsten,
Using Sentinel Database Management (SDM) with EAS is not supported.
Making any changes to how the product works is not supported.

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cleaning Log Data from EAS SIEM Database


HI

Picking up this old thread because I havent found the answer. Did you
manage to solve your problem?


--
mickelarsson
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mickelarsson's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=224
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=964

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.