UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remedy Soap Driver Issue

Hello Everyone,

Can someone help me to shed some light on the below issue. We currently have one SOAP driver to connect to remedy.

Working Scenario: The SOAP driver uses 4 webservices defined in it for various functionalities like CreateUser, Create Roles in Remedy (Level10,Level20 and Level 30), So if any user needs any additional role access, they can login to remedy and can submit the request and the request gets approved by manager and TASK is set to assigned Status and role assignment is processed to user after the role assignment ,TASK which is submitted in remedy will be set to Completed.

But the remedy team is upgrading their environment and they gave us 4 new webservices to update in the driver. So all the new webservices shared are updated and CreateUser, Create Roles in Remedy (Level10,Level20 and Level 30).So if any user needs any additional role access, they can login to remedy and can submit the request and the request gets approved by manager and TASK is set to Assigned Status and role assignment is processed to user. Till here it is working as it is similar to the working Scenario, Once the role assignment is processed, The driver is not setting the TASK status to Closed in Remedy, All TASKS remain in Assigned Status forever.

Information from Logs:
Task Status 1 Turns TASK to Assigned Status and Task Status 4 to Closed Status, I can see the input of TASK STATUS 4 and Output from the webservice, But the status on Remedy end never changes. There is no policy changes, Just the webservices are updated with new ones with the similar functionality ones. No errors are traces in logs. We see input and output response, I am really confused where the issue couldbe. Can someone help me with thoughts.

Thanks!

Regards,
Nirosha
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 5/1/2018 8:54 PM, niroshareddy wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Can someone help me to shed some light on the below issue. We currently
> have one SOAP driver to connect to remedy.
>
> Working Scenario: The SOAP driver uses 4 webservices defined in it for
> various functionalities like CreateUser, Create Roles in Remedy
> (Level10,Level20 and Level 30), So if any user needs any additional role
> access, they can login to remedy and can submit the request and the
> request gets approved by manager and TASK is set to assigned Status and
> role assignment is processed to user after the role assignment ,TASK
> which is submitted in remedy will be set to Completed.
>
> But the remedy team is upgrading their environment and they gave us 4
> new webservices to update in the driver. So all the new webservices
> shared are updated and CreateUser, Create Roles in Remedy
> (Level10,Level20 and Level 30).So if any user needs any additional role
> access, they can login to remedy and can submit the request and the
> request gets approved by manager and TASK is set to Assigned Status and
> role assignment is processed to user. Till here it is working as it is
> similar to the working Scenario, Once the role assignment is processed,
> The driver is not setting the TASK status to Closed in Remedy, All TASKS
> remain in Assigned Status forever.
>
> Information from Logs:
> Task Status 1 Turns TASK to Assigned Status and Task Status 4 to Closed
> Status, I can see the input of TASK STATUS 4 and Output from the
> webservice, But the status on Remedy end never changes. There is no
> policy changes, Just the webservices are updated with new ones with the
> similar functionality ones. No errors are traces in logs. We see input
> and output response, I am really confused where the issue couldbe. Can
> someone help me with thoughts.

As always some trace is crticial. Do you think the issue is on the
Remedy side or the IDM side? SOAP troubleshooting should be fun.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.