Captain
Captain

RemoteLoaderSvc.exe .NET Remote Loader - 100% CPU Usage

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a .NET Remote Loader on a Windows Server 2012 R2 in order to configure an Office365 driver.

I followed this pre-requisites: https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47-drivers/office365/data/prerequisites.html

Updated PowerShell, installed the corresponding modules and the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages either. Also the .NET Remote Loader was patched and updated to 4.7.3 version.

Once it starts the driver is working fine, but after some time of operation, the RemoteLoaderSrv.exe makes the CPU usage increases until it 100% making the server really slow.

At this point, the driver is still working and the trace is not showing any error, but the CPU usage don't go back to an acceptable level. 

Can anybody have been in the same situation or have any clue to solve this?

Thanks in Advance,
Rodrigo

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I would first of all check if there is an antivirus service that is running and hogging that process.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi Joakim,

There is an antivirus in the production server, but we have the same problem in the development server and we don't have any antivirus there.
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello @rcano ,

Did you ever get this resolved? We're running into the same issue.

Jan van Zanten.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi Rodrigo,

How many users you have in O365?

What driver (.NET RemoteLoader -SHIM) doing is

1. Run in background Powershell script

2. Store this info in own DB

3. Compare snapshots

4. Generated event doc (what changed between snapshots)

If you have a big amount of users and a "little" idle period (5min), SHIM will not be able to complete full run, before then start another cycle.

Do you know, how long it will take to get (and save) all your users with PowerShell?

I had a situation, when a "simple" query Get-MSoluser takes 8-9 minutes to retrieve all synchronized users.

Maybe you have to "extend" your time between queries to the cloud, to make sure that "previous" query completed.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

For us, 40000 users, and an *idling* Remote loader, it starts at 25% CPU and, while idling, grows to 100%

It's the .NET remote loader, V4.7 , and driver:

<product instance="\TST-VAULT\SCC\IDM\DriverSet\MSOffice365" version="4.1.2.0" build="201802200159">Identity Manager Driver for Microsoft Office365</product> on IDM 4.8

Driver polls are every 15 minutes, but with feeding sources disabled, so nothing happening, it still goes up to 100%

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

When "nothing happening", a driver working with his own DB.
What size of your DB?
I can recommend a simple test
1. Stop the driver and RL
2. Move your DB to another location
3. Start RL and driver

What is RL utilization, when you have "empty" DB and "no feeding source"?
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Sorry, this took a while.

I have no idea where the current DB resides, so moving it is no option for me 🙂

OTOH, I set the polltime to 30 minutes and now there is no backlog anymore and the CPU has been steady for days at 15-20%

I don't like 30 minutes, but we'll work with what we have I guess.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.