Highlighted
dbuschke Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Reporting: Missing history resource data

Hi,
I want to query the role/resource/entitlement assocations of a specific date from IDM Reporting but I hit a history gap in IDM 4.7.0. Here is what I have done for tests:

1. create role "test_delete_role"
  2. create resource "test_delete_res" with entitlement (use a random one, does not matter)
  3. associate "test_delete_res" and "test_delete_role"
  4. assign "test_delete_role" to an user

At this point wait a few minutes and have a look into IDM Reporting. Everything looks fine here. Now do following:

1. delete role "test_delete_role"
  2. delete resource "test_delete_res"

Again wait a few minutes. After DCS updated the IDM Reporting database execute following SQL query:

SELECT
	role.idmrpt_valid_from,
	role.idmrpt_valid_to,
	role.idmrpt_deleted
FROM
	idm_rpt_data.idmrpt_role_v AS role
WHERE
	role.role_name = 'test_delete_role'

You'll receive two rows. One with valid date from creation until deleting and one from deleting until deleted. Thats fine.

Also execute following SQL query:

SELECT
	res.idmrpt_valid_from,
	res.idmrpt_valid_to,
	res.idmrpt_deleted
FROM
	idm_rpt_data.idmrpt_resource_all_v AS res
WHERE
	res.res_name = 'test_delete_res'

You'll only receive one row with valid dates from after deleting. So I miss the one from creation until deleting. This makes it unpossible to get the history state of a resource.

Is this a bug or I am missing something?

regards
Daniel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.