Not applicable

Request for Others

IDM 4.5.6

Dear all,

I want to allow users to make requests for others.

Per Default "Others" is not showing up, so I created a Team, where Managers are Members of a specified group. Team Members are "All Users".
I made the Role visible, so it can be selected. The Role requires Approval. A custom approval is specified.

1)I expect that Team Managers can now click "Others", Select any user and then select the role. But the role is not showing up!
The role is showing up, when the user requests for "Self". But not showing up for "Others".

2)I also expect not to assigne the requested role directly, but expect the specified custom approval workflow to start.

What is missing?

Thanks for any comments.

Regards
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Request for Others

Sorry,

now after some hours I tried again, and it works. It seems that the settings applied after some time.

Another question:
Is there any setting, where I can allow all users to request for "Others"?

1) My current solution with a "Team" requires Users or Groups. I cannot select a container.

2) Does any overview exists which combinations are supported? Would be easier to check what works and what not. For example, I think it is not possible to have just a sub set of Roles to be availbale making request for "others". But maybe I am wrong.

thanks
0 Likes
Not applicable

Re: Request for Others

kkas;2495770 wrote:
Sorry,
For example, I think it is not possible to have just a sub set of Roles to be availbale making request for "others". But maybe I am wrong.

I am to quick wit my posts here. think again that settings need some time to apply. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I granted the Team the permission "Assign Role To User", and when testing "Request for Others", the Role was assigned directly without the workflow specified behind. But as said... from my settings everything was correct but not yet applied. From that point on the re-configure test journey started.

Coming back to my quote above: Now I think it is possible. :). So assigning "Assign Role To User" to the Team will exactly just provide possibility to just assign that role and the specified Approval workflow behind is processed.

When can I be sure that settings are applied? Seems like after 1h I am on the safe side.

regards
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.