jlrodriguez Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Require TLS for Simple Binds with Password set to Yes by configure.sh

I don't know if it makes sense or not, but I'd like to clarify what has happened.

I upgraded an IDM 4.6 to 4.7, installing it in a new server. On this new server, I installed eDir 9.1.4 and IDM 4.7. When I executed the configure.sh on this new server, it seems it changed the value of "Require TLS for Simple Binds with Password" of the old eDirectory server to "Yes".  It was previously set as "No" and we have noticed it because users have stopped being able to authenticate with LDAP by not using LDAPS. It has served, of course, to detect this security problem. Something that is always positive, but I would like to know what has caused the change.

Regards

Jose Luis

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Require TLS for Simple Binds with Password set to Yes by configure.sh

You write this is a new server.
This setting is server specific and eDir is default to use only ldaps. So it is expected on the new server. It should not have been changed on the old server.
0 Likes
jlrodriguez Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Require TLS for Simple Binds with Password set to Yes by configure.sh

Yes, the installation and configuration of eDir 9.1.4 and IDM has been done on a new server. This is what surprised me as I don't understand why the configuration of the old server has changed.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.