ahidalgo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Resource domain and linked mailboxes

Does idm 4.0.2 support Exchange 2013 in a Resource domain with linked mailboxes? In other words we have Exchange 2013 installed in a resource domain, users exist in another domain. We want to create disabled accounts in the Resource domains with mailboxes linked back to our user domain.

Thanks,

Al

Al Hidalgo
Enterprise Systems Analyst
UNM Health Sciences Center/UNM Hospitals
505-272-3427
ahidalgo@salud.unm.edu

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Resource domain and linked mailboxes

Al Hidalgo wrote:

> Does idm 4.0.2 support Exchange 2013 in a Resource domain with linked mailboxes? In other words we have Exchange 2013 installed in a resource domain, users exist in another domain. We want to create disabled accounts in the Resource domains with mailboxes linked back to our user domain.

I don't believe this is supported by the built-in AD Driver support for Exchange.
The documentation is quite clear about how the AD driver can only manage objects within the domain it is installed in.

You *might* be able to get this working via the PowerShell service included with AD 4.0.2 driver, but I have my doubts.

The only way you could do this via the regular AD drivers (with the help of the powershell service) is to have 2 (or more) AD drivers.

1 AD driver + Powershell Service connected to the resource domain
1 (or more) AD drivers connected to the user domain(s)

First the AD driver from the regular domain creates the user account

the AD driver + powershell service connected to the resource domain would create the mailbox and deactive the dummy-user account, then retrieve the association of the real account and set the required permissions via the PowerShell service.

The Scripting Driver can do this (likely without the need to have multiple drivers), but you'd have to write your own scripts to handle the logic.
0 Likes
ahidalgo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Resource domain and linked mailboxes

Thanks, that is good info.

Al

On 3/28/2014 at 8:38 AM, Alex McHugh<alexmchugh@no-mx.forums.netiq.com> wrote:

Al Hidalgo wrote:

> Does idm 4.0.2 support Exchange 2013 in a Resource domain with linked mailboxes? In other words we have Exchange 2013 installed in a resource domain, users exist in another domain. We want to create disabled accounts in the Resource domains with mailboxes linked back to our user domain.

I don't believe this is supported by the built-in AD Driver support for Exchange.
The documentation is quite clear about how the AD driver can only manage objects within the domain it is installed in.

You *might* be able to get this working via the PowerShell service included with AD 4.0.2 driver, but I have my doubts.

The only way you could do this via the regular AD drivers (with the help of the powershell service) is to have 2 (or more) AD drivers.

1 AD driver + Powershell Service connected to the resource domain
1 (or more) AD drivers connected to the user domain(s)

First the AD driver from the regular domain creates the user account

the AD driver + powershell service connected to the resource domain would create the mailbox and deactive the dummy-user account, then retrieve the association of the real account and set the required permissions via the PowerShell service.

The Scripting Driver can do this (likely without the need to have multiple drivers), but you'd have to write your own scripts to handle the logic.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.