Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
338 views

Role & Resource Driver


Have installed & configured the IDM4.0 Solution. User Application is
also deployed. The UA Driver has started but the role & resource driver
is not starting. When i tried starting the JBOSS i am getting the
following error "NrfException: Error reading role configuration object
(nrfConfiguration) in role vault root"

Any solution to this??


--
apoorvaprakash18
------------------------------------------------------------------------
apoorvaprakash18's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=3366
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=46308

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Role & Resource Driver

On 12/3/2012 5:24 AM, apoorvaprakash18 wrote:
>
> Have installed & configured the IDM4.0 Solution. User Application is
> also deployed. The UA Driver has started but the role & resource driver
> is not starting. When i tried starting the JBOSS i am getting the
> following error "NrfException: Error reading role configuration object
> (nrfConfiguration) in role vault root"


Thanks for posting here instead, I have seen your linked in posts and I
think you will get better technical help here, rather than there.

The Role Vault is stored in a container named AppConfig, under the User
App driver.

So User App driver (connected to IDM engine) configured and deployed is
key to create the various containers in eDirectory needed.

You say you have done that. Quick test, LDAP browse to your driver set
in eDirectory, find your User app driver, (#1 make sure you have the
full name of the driver correct for your config), then look for an
AppConfig container underneath. There should be a ton of stuff. I
forget where nrfConfiguration is stored, but from the error I would
guess near the root of AppConfig.

RRSD is important and you need it, worth checking why it won't start.
Anything in its dstrace log?


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Role & Resource Driver


That helped and i was able to resolve the issue. Now everything is up
and running.


--
apoorvaprakash18
------------------------------------------------------------------------
apoorvaprakash18's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=3366
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=46308

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Role & Resource Driver

On 12/4/2012 11:14 PM, apoorvaprakash18 wrote:
>
> That helped and i was able to resolve the issue. Now everything is up
> and running.


To help others with a similar problem, what specifically did you do to
resolve it?

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Role & Resource Driver


Don't you hate when when you search and find something relevant... and
the poster says "nevermind, fixed it!" without giving the solution?
Argh! I feel this is relevant: http://xkcd.com/979/


--
kbuley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kbuley's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=489
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=46308

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Role & Resource Driver

On 12/13/2012 5:04 PM, kbuley wrote:
>
> Don't you hate when when you search and find something relevant... and
> the poster says "nevermind, fixed it!" without giving the solution?
> Argh! I feel this is relevant: http://xkcd.com/979/


Yep, I know what you mean.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.