jaydeepmehta15 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Role and Resource Service driver not starting

Jump to solution

Role and Resource service driver not starting with below error in Trace log.

Environment:

POC Environment  on Windows server 2016 DataCenter 

NetIQ IDM 4.7

I have checked binding the User Application account in LDAP Browser. It is able to access role config. Still don't know reason of error. Please help asap 

[08/05/19 09:53:51.425]:Trace1 ST:
<nds dtdversion="4.0">
<source>
<product instance="Role and Resource Service Driver" version="4.7.0.0">NetIQ Role Service Driver</product>
<contact>NetIQ Corporation</contact>
</source>
<output>
Thread ID:28 Unable to read role configuration from: org\IDM\UserApplicationSet\UserApplication
</output>
</nds>
[08/05/19 09:53:51.426]:Trace1 ST:
DirXML Log Event -------------------
Driver: \NetIQJaydeep_tree\org\IDM\UserApplicationSet\Role and Resource Service Driver
Message: Thread ID:28 Unable to read role configuration from: org\IDM\UserApplicationSet\UserApplication
[08/05/19 09:53:51.434]:Trace1 ST:
DirXML Log Event -------------------
Driver: \NetIQJaydeep_tree\org\IDM\UserApplicationSet\Role and Resource Service Driver
Message: Code(-9005) The driver returned a "fatal" status indicating that the driver should be shut down. Detail from driver: Thread ID:28 Unable to read role configuration from: org\IDM\UserApplicationSet\UserApplicationDirXML
<module>Role and Resource Service Driver</module>
<object-dn></object-dn>
<component>DirXML Engine</component>
[08/05/19 09:53:52.450]:Trace1 ST:Driver terminated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Role and Resource Service driver not starting

Jump to solution

I would suspect this line is the issue:

Thread ID:28 Unable to read role configuration from: org\IDM\UserApplicationSet\UserApplication

Make sure that DN is actually correct.  As RRSD starts up, it looks at the User App driver and reads all sorts info out of the cn=AppConfig object tree under the User App driver.

So step 1, make sure that DN is correct. Step 2 make sure the Security Equals on the driver has sufficient permissions to read the UA driver and down.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Could be schema extensions that you are missing. That used to cause this error way back in 3.6 days.

Try to re-deploy the UA driver from Designer.

Are the drivers new or upgraded from a previous IDM version?

What have you set the RRSD driver to be security equals to?

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

I would suspect this line is the issue:

Make sure that DN is actually correct.  As RRSD starts up, it looks at the User App driver and reads all sorts info out of the cn=AppConfig object tree under the User App driver.

So step 1, make sure that DN is correct. Step 2 make sure the Security Equals on the driver has sufficient permissions to read the UA driver and down.

View solution in original post

Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for prompt response. It Worked !! I was missing Security equals in RRSD

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank You for prompt response. It worked !! I was missing Security Equals in RRSD

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.