Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Role settings lost

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a IDM 4.8 tree where the idmadmin/#/configuration/roles-and-resources page in Identity Applications doesn't show anything for these settings:

Role Container
Role Request Container
Default Role Approval Definition:

Also Role Assignment Grace Period*  is blank and so is

Role Level Display Names and so are the following settings:

Resource Container
Resource Request Container
Default Resource Approval Definition

This has the funny effect that I can't create any roles since it tries to place them directly below the UA driver instead of the nrfRolesDefs container.

Any way I can get back those settings or where do I set them? In the ism-configuration.properties file?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Hi.

Could it be you have invalid paths in the config object on the UA driver?

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Identity-Manager-User/UserApp-Incorrect-nrf-role-root/td-p/2765263

Maybe I missunderstood you, but it could be related?

/Marcus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

One more piece of info, I can see that the browser makes a XHR call to :

IDMProv/rest/catalog/administration/roleResourceSettings

It gets back:

{"Fault":{"Code":{"Value":"Sender","Subcode":{"Value":"Internal exception occurred processing REST service"}},"Reason":{"Text":"Internal Error. Please contact Administrator."}}}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Hi.

Could it be you have invalid paths in the config object on the UA driver?

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Identity-Manager-User/UserApp-Incorrect-nrf-role-root/td-p/2765263

Maybe I missunderstood you, but it could be related?

/Marcus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Yes, all the paths on the cn=configuration,cn=RoleConfig,cn=AppConfig,cn=UserApplication,cn=DriverSet01,o=System object pointed to cn=UserApplication,cn=DriverSet01,o=System instead of the correct path.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.