Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Dinil_Varghese Absent Member.
Absent Member.
283 views

SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager


Hi,

I am using a SOAP driver to create/update users in CallManager. IAM
email address is mapped to userid in CallManager. The user creation is
working fine.
However, when there is an update happening in IAM email address, the
userid in CallManager is not getting updated accordingly. As per the
policy implemented, driver sent the update request and received response
from Call Manager in the form of UUID, but the userid was not updated in
the Call Manager system.Other values like firstName got updated
successfully. Can someone please help here?

Update Request from driver

<nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
<source>
<product edition="Advanced" version="4.0.1.2">DirXML</product>
<contact>Novell, Inc.</contact>
</source>
<input>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/9.0"
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<ns:updateUser sequence="\IDV\Company\People\Employees\user1">
<uuid>{1CED0531-0B8C-91F4-DDC4-FEE881A8BF0E}</uuid>
<userid>test12@gmail.com</userid>
<firstName>Agi</firstName>
<lastName>Vincent</lastName>
<middleName>Kythakodan</middleName>
<manager>\IDV\Company\People\Employees\user2</manager>
<department/>
</ns:updateUser>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>
</input>
</nds>
[06/16/16 09:53:40.785]:CallManager ST:CallManager: Value of boolean
flag 'remove-existing' is : false
[06/16/16 09:53:40.786]:CallManager ST:CallManager:
HTTPSubscriberTransport.send()


Response received

<nds dtdversion="2.0">
<source>
<product build="20110402_112430" instance="CallManager"
version="3.5.6">Identity Manager Driver for SOAP</product>
<contact>Novell, Inc.</contact>
</source>
<output>
<ns:updateUserResponse xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/9.0"
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<return>{1CED0531-0B8C-91F4-DDC4-FEE881A8BF0E}</return>
</ns:updateUserResponse>
</output>
</nds>


Regards,
Dinil


--
Dinil_Varghese
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinil_Varghese's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9574
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=56043

Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager

On 6/16/2016 9:44 AM, Dinil Varghese wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using a SOAP driver to create/update users in CallManager. IAM
> email address is mapped to userid in CallManager. The user creation is
> working fine.
> However, when there is an update happening in IAM email address, the
> userid in CallManager is not getting updated accordingly. As per the
> policy implemented, driver sent the update request and received response
> from Call Manager in the form of UUID, but the userid was not updated in
> the Call Manager system.Other values like firstName got updated
> successfully. Can someone please help here?
>
> Update Request from driver
>
> <nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
> <source>
> <product edition="Advanced" version="4.0.1.2">DirXML</product>
> <contact>Novell, Inc.</contact>
> </source>
> <input>
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/9.0"
> xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <soapenv:Header/>
> <soapenv:Body>
> <ns:updateUser sequence="\IDV\Company\People\Employees\user1">
> <uuid>{1CED0531-0B8C-91F4-DDC4-FEE881A8BF0E}</uuid>
> <userid>test12@gmail.com</userid>
> <firstName>Agi</firstName>
> <lastName>Vincent</lastName>
> <middleName>Kythakodan</middleName>
> <manager>\IDV\Company\People\Employees\user2</manager>
> <department/>
> </ns:updateUser>
> </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
> </input>
> </nds>
> [06/16/16 09:53:40.785]:CallManager ST:CallManager: Value of boolean
> flag 'remove-existing' is : false
> [06/16/16 09:53:40.786]:CallManager ST:CallManager:
> HTTPSubscriberTransport.send()
>
>
> Response received
>
> <nds dtdversion="2.0">
> <source>
> <product build="20110402_112430" instance="CallManager"
> version="3.5.6">Identity Manager Driver for SOAP</product>
> <contact>Novell, Inc.</contact>
> </source>
> <output>
> <ns:updateUserResponse xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/9.0"
> xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <return>{1CED0531-0B8C-91F4-DDC4-FEE881A8BF0E}</return>
> </ns:updateUserResponse>
> </output>
> </nds>


So... Do you think that perhaps, changing the naming attribute is more
likely a rename, than an attribute modify?

I do not recall how CUCM handles that specific case. I worked with the
dir number, phone API's not the User API so I am not certain. Check and
see if they doc how to rename. The Cisco forums are not horrible on
supporting the API's. The forums here are WAY better, but the Cisco ones
are not horrible. 🙂


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:44:02 +0000, Dinil Varghese wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a SOAP driver to create/update users in CallManager. IAM
> email address is mapped to userid in CallManager. The user creation is
> working fine.
> However, when there is an update happening in IAM email address, the
> userid in CallManager is not getting updated accordingly. As per the
> policy implemented, driver sent the update request and received response
> from Call Manager in the form of UUID, but the userid was not updated in
> the Call Manager system.Other values like firstName got updated
> successfully. Can someone please help here?


If you sent the request, and the application replied with a "success"
message, then it would seem that you'd need to go ask the application why
it didn't do what it said that it did. There may be something else you
need to do, the equivalent of a "rename thing" instead of just pushing
over an updated email address.


--
David Gersic
Knowledge Partner http://forums.microfocus.com
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager

On 6/16/2016 12:15 PM, David Gersic wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:44:02 +0000, Dinil Varghese wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using a SOAP driver to create/update users in CallManager. IAM
>> email address is mapped to userid in CallManager. The user creation is
>> working fine.
>> However, when there is an update happening in IAM email address, the
>> userid in CallManager is not getting updated accordingly. As per the
>> policy implemented, driver sent the update request and received response
>> from Call Manager in the form of UUID, but the userid was not updated in
>> the Call Manager system.Other values like firstName got updated
>> successfully. Can someone please help here?

>
> If you sent the request, and the application replied with a "success"
> message, then it would seem that you'd need to go ask the application why
> it didn't do what it said that it did. There may be something else you
> need to do, the equivalent of a "rename thing" instead of just pushing
> over an updated email address.


I did a quick look at the SOAP WSDL after my last post on the topic and
did not see any rename functions at all. I concur that his XML looks
mostly valid, except that the first two nodes are an either/or thing.

I.e. Identify the object by uuid (GUID) or by userid, but usually not
both. This leads me to think you may not be allowed to rename this way.


0 Likes
Dinil_Varghese Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager


Hi Geoff,

This update logic works fine for rest of the attributes like firstname.
I wonder why it is not happening only for userid?

Regards,
Dinil.


--
Dinil_Varghese
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinil_Varghese's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9574
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=56043

0 Likes
Dinil_Varghese Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager


Adding one more point here.. I am actually modifying an existing code to
meet our requirement. userid was not included in the updateUser logic
earlier. Not sure if I am missing some configurations somewhere as part
of this.


--
Dinil_Varghese
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinil_Varghese's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9574
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=56043

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:56:29 +0000, Dinil Varghese wrote:

> Adding one more point here.. I am actually modifying an existing code to
> meet our requirement. userid was not included in the updateUser logic
> earlier. Not sure if I am missing some configurations somewhere as part
> of this.


You'll need to go ask Cisco, or somebody familiar with how this
application allows for / handles renaming existing users, from within the
SOAP interface. Mock it up in SoapUI until you understand how it's
supposed to work.

--
David Gersic
Knowledge Partner http://forums.microfocus.com
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager

On 6/16/2016 1:35 PM, Dinil Varghese wrote:
>
> Hi Geoff,
>
> This update logic works fine for rest of the attributes like firstname.
> I wonder why it is not happening only for userid?


Go re-read the discussion David and I have been having. We have been
explaining this. If you do not get it yet, consider re-reading it.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SOAP driver - Userid not getting updated in CallManager

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:24:28 +0000, Geoffrey Carman wrote:

> On 6/16/2016 12:15 PM, David Gersic wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:44:02 +0000, Dinil Varghese wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using a SOAP driver to create/update users in CallManager. IAM
>>> email address is mapped to userid in CallManager. The user creation is
>>> working fine.
>>> However, when there is an update happening in IAM email address, the
>>> userid in CallManager is not getting updated accordingly. As per the
>>> policy implemented, driver sent the update request and received
>>> response from Call Manager in the form of UUID, but the userid was not
>>> updated in the Call Manager system.Other values like firstName got
>>> updated successfully. Can someone please help here?

>>
>> If you sent the request, and the application replied with a "success"
>> message, then it would seem that you'd need to go ask the application
>> why it didn't do what it said that it did. There may be something else
>> you need to do, the equivalent of a "rename thing" instead of just
>> pushing over an updated email address.

>
> I did a quick look at the SOAP WSDL after my last post on the topic and
> did not see any rename functions at all. I concur that his XML looks
> mostly valid, except that the first two nodes are an either/or thing.
>
> I.e. Identify the object by uuid (GUID) or by userid, but usually not
> both. This leads me to think you may not be allowed to rename this way.


Perhaps this application doesn't support renames? If so, convert the
event to a <delete> followed by an <add> to re-provision the object with
the new name. Could have nasty side effects in the application, though,
so proceed with caution.


--
David Gersic
Knowledge Partner http://forums.microfocus.com
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.