Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
aortiz1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Sap Portal Driver Remote Loader issue

Hi there.

IDM: 4.7.3

eDirectory: 9.1.4.1

Sap Portal Driver: 4.0.1.0

I have a freshly out-of-the-oven SAP Portal Driver recently deployed from scratch, when it connects to the application without a Remote Loader it works pretty neat but when i configure it to use a Remote Loader, it explodes in a nasty way. 

I have to use a RL(MF's request).

I tried removing some logics and i got that without the  NOVLPORTD-ots-SPMLOutputTransform it can connect succesfully with the RL, but if i use that Policy, it just explodes.

Does anybody know what could be happening here with that policy? is there any bug reported or something like that?

This is the error i see in the Trace file using trace level 3.

DirXML Log Event -------------------
     Driver:   \IDM_TREE\Meta\Services\DriverSet1\SAP_PO_DEV
     Channel:  Publisher
     Message:  Unable to validate that there is a non-empty driver object password (a Publisher-channel Policy may be incorrect)
[11/04/19 17:42:48.086]:SAP_PO_DEV PT:
DirXML Log Event -------------------
     Driver:   \IDM_TREE\Meta\Services\DriverSet1\SAP_PO_DEV
     Channel:  Publisher
     Message:  Code(-9005) The driver returned a "fatal" status indicating that the driver should be shut down. Detail from driver: Unable to validate that there is a non-empty driver object password (a Publisher-channel Policy may be incorrect)<application>DirXML</application>

PD: I checked the passwords multiple times.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sap Portal Driver Remote Loader issue

Set a Driver object password.  Does not need to be used, just needs to be there.

0 Likes
aortiz1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Sap Portal Driver Remote Loader issue

Hi geoff thank you so much.
As i pointed out earlier i did set the driver object password in both RL
and IDM
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.