Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
iampranavpg
New Member.

Scripting driver stops processing events

Hi ,

We are using scripting driver to provision skype. We are using the powershell scripts. The problem is the driver stops processing events intermittently. There is no error in the driver logs, but the trace on the RL is still processing. I read few forums & found that this issue might that some command is throwing error in the script & subscriber shim is trying to execute it in the back end & events are getting queued up.
As a workaround we have to restart the RL server to fix this issue.

Is there any way to stop the shim from processing this event & put an timeout in the script so that automatically it comes out.

Thanks,
Pranav
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Scripting driver stops processing events

Hello,
My team and I help with Scripting Driver issues. We're going to need trace/log files. First, go to the Windows server and look for ...\wsdriver\conf\wsdrv.conf. Edit that file and set "-trace 10" to get maximum executable tracing. The "-tracefile" option indicates what file is used. The setting won't be enabled until the executable shim is restarted.

In iManager, go to the Misc tab for the Driver and set the trace value to at least 5. The tab also lets you set the location of the Driver trace file.

Now see if you can reproduce the issue. You should then ZIP up and send the executable trace file, the Driver trace file and the script trace file, ...\wsdriver\logs\script-trace.log, to namdev@microfocus.com.

Thanks,
Sam Sampson
NetIQ Identity Manger Drivers (Third-Party)
0 Likes
iampranavpg
New Member.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the response , i have shared the logs to the email id mentioned in the post.

Thanks,
Pranav
0 Likes
iampranavpg
New Member.

Hello ,

Is there any way i can give some timeout in my powershell script so that subscriber shim stops the processing in the backend. I have to restart my Scripting RL server to fix it every time .
any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Pranav
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

All: Pranav and I are working over email to resolve his issue.

-- Sam S.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 4/10/2019 9:14 AM, Zygomax wrote:
>
> All: Pranav and I are working over email to resolve his issue.

Please come back and let us know the solution when you figure it all out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Their Driver Configuration in eDir was missing a LOT of values. I'm not sure it's because it was very old, and the EXE was updated but not the config, or because someone manually stripped out a lot of values. So they're going to update their configuration with the latest version.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 4/12/2019 3:14 PM, Zygomax wrote:
>
> Their Driver Configuration in eDir was missing a LOT of values. I'm not
> sure it's because it was very old, and the EXE was updated but not the
> config, or because someone manually stripped out a lot of values. So
> they're going to update their configuration with the latest version.

Almost like packages could help here.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.