JuanGallarreta Absent Member.
Absent Member.
540 views

Send E-mail activity


Hi I have a workflow with an activity "send e-mail" and I´m having
trouble trying sending emails to a list.
I have a list of recipients separated by ", " and I´m just putting it
in TO field.
I´ve make several tests with no results.

I try all this combinations:

Code:
--------------------
"test@test.com, test2@test2.com" and I just get an email in my first address.
"test@test.com; test2@test2.com" no email was sended.
"test@test.com", "test2@test2.com" no email was sended.
"test@test.com"; "test2@test2.com" no email was sended.
"test@test.com" + "test2@test2.com" no email was sended.
test@test.com, test2@test2.com no email was sended.
--------------------


Here is an sample of error I get.


Code:
--------------------
2011-12-28 21:50:44,931 INFO [STDOUT] (JMSSubscriber) 190185797 [JMSSubscriber] ERROR com.novell.soa.notification.impl.Simpl
eEmailMessageCreator - Email address [test@test.com; test2@test2.com] is invalid.
javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal semicolon, not in group in string ``test@test.com; test2@test2.com'
' at position 19
at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(InternetAddress.java:780)
at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(InternetAddress.java:555)
at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.SimpleEmailMessageCreator.getEmailAddressFromList(SimpleEmailMessageCreator.java:
296)
at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.SimpleEmailMessageCreator.getEmailAddress(SimpleEmailMessageCreator.java:279)
at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.SimpleEmailMessageCreator.createMessage(SimpleEmailMessageCreator.java:140)
at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.MailEngine.send(MailEngine.java:301)
at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.jms.JMSSubscriber.handleMessage(JMSSubscriber.java:210)
at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.jms.JMSSubscriber.run(JMSSubscriber.java:159)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

--------------------



Thanks in advance,
Juan


--
JuanGallarreta
------------------------------------------------------------------------
JuanGallarreta's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=103129
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450113

Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
afolli Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity


Hi Juan.
I have encountered the same issue on the past. If I'm not wrong the
Send Email activity is unable to send emails to a dynamic list. If you
are handling very few addresses you can make use of the TO, CC and BCC
fields.

In my case I had to send an email to all the members of a group and I
have solved my problem using an Approval activity of type
Timeout-Approved.

I hope this helps,

Alessandro


--
afolli
------------------------------------------------------------------------
afolli's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=6964
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450113

0 Likes
mkreim Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity

Hi,

I had the same error in one of my workflows and opened a SR on this
issue. According to the supporter the delimiter is a double pipe, e.g.
'user1@yahoo.com'||'user2@yahoo.com'. I was busy until now and did not
run any tests. It would be great if you could confirm this solution.

Greetings
Matthias


Am 29.12.2011 19:36, schrieb JuanGallarreta:
>
> Hi I have a workflow with an activity "send e-mail" and I�m having
> trouble trying sending emails to a list.
> I have a list of recipients separated by ", " and I�m just putting it
> in TO field.
> I�ve make several tests with no results.
>
> I try all this combinations:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> "test@test.com, test2@test2.com" and I just get an email in my first address.
> "test@test.com; test2@test2.com" no email was sended.
> "test@test.com", "test2@test2.com" no email was sended.
> "test@test.com"; "test2@test2.com" no email was sended.
> "test@test.com" + "test2@test2.com" no email was sended.
> test@test.com, test2@test2.com no email was sended.
> --------------------
>
>
> Here is an sample of error I get.
>
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> 2011-12-28 21:50:44,931 INFO [STDOUT] (JMSSubscriber) 190185797 [JMSSubscriber] ERROR com.novell.soa.notification.impl.Simpl
> eEmailMessageCreator - Email address [test@test.com; test2@test2.com] is invalid.
> javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal semicolon, not in group in string ``test@test.com; test2@test2.com'
> ' at position 19
> at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(InternetAddress.java:780)
> at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(InternetAddress.java:555)
> at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.SimpleEmailMessageCreator.getEmailAddressFromList(SimpleEmailMessageCreator.java:
> 296)
> at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.SimpleEmailMessageCreator.getEmailAddress(SimpleEmailMessageCreator.java:279)
> at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.SimpleEmailMessageCreator.createMessage(SimpleEmailMessageCreator.java:140)
> at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.MailEngine.send(MailEngine.java:301)
> at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.jms.JMSSubscriber.handleMessage(JMSSubscriber.java:210)
> at com.novell.soa.notification.impl.jms.JMSSubscriber.run(JMSSubscriber.java:159)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
> --------------------
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Juan
>
>


0 Likes
JuanGallarreta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity


Thank you afolli & mkreim for your answers.
mkreim:: I guess I'll try your solution next Monday and then posting
here the results.

afolli: I have that issue, I need to send all group member´s an email.
I´ll try mkreim solution and if it does not work, I think I´ll make
something like a loop, take member by member and send 1 email to each
one.

Happy New Year!

Juan


--
JuanGallarreta
------------------------------------------------------------------------
JuanGallarreta's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=103129
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450113

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity

On 12/30/2011 02:26 PM, JuanGallarreta wrote:
>
> Thank you afolli& mkreim for your answers.
> mkreim:: I guess I'll try your solution next Monday and then posting
> here the results.
>
> afolli: I have that issue, I need to send all group member�s an email.
> I�ll try mkreim solution and if it does not work, I think I�ll make
> something like a loop, take member by member and send 1 email to each
> one.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Juan
>
>

Greetings,
If you are using an actual group, then utilize an Approval Activity
with a 2 second time-out. Set the group as the Approval (make sure to
set the Approval Type to group).

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
JuanGallarreta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity


Hello Steven, thank you for your answer.
The answer you provided me solves the technical problem, however when I
proposed this solution to the client I'm working with, they weren't
satisfied with this solution becouse the activity log registers the
event and that couse confusion or missunderstanding to final users. Do
you know if it is possible to configure the log in order to avoide the
tracking of that step?

Thanks in advance,
Juan


--
JuanGallarreta
------------------------------------------------------------------------
JuanGallarreta's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=103129
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450113

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity

On 01/01/2012 08:46 PM, JuanGallarreta wrote:
>
> Hello Steven, thank you for your answer.
> The answer you provided me solves the technical problem, however when I
> proposed this solution to the client I'm working with, they weren't
> satisfied with this solution becouse the activity log registers the
> event and that couse confusion or missunderstanding to final users. Do
> you know if it is possible to configure the log in order to avoide the
> tracking of that step?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Juan
>
>

No. Working as designed.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
JuanGallarreta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity


mkreim;2164268 Wrote:
> Hi,
> I had the same error in one of my workflows and opened a SR on this
> issue. According to the supporter the delimiter is a double pipe, e.g.
> 'user1@yahoo.com'||'user2@yahoo.com'. I was busy until now and did not
> run any tests. It would be great if you could confirm this solution.
> Greetings
> Matthias
> >


Matthias, I ´ve performed the tests you suggested but with no good
results.

I´ve tried with this examples:

'user1@test.com'||'user2@test.com'
user1@test.com||user2@test.com

If anyone else have another idea...

Thanks!
Juan


--
JuanGallarreta
------------------------------------------------------------------------
JuanGallarreta's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=103129
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450113

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity

On 01/02/2012 05:56 PM, JuanGallarreta wrote:
>
> mkreim;2164268 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I had the same error in one of my workflows and opened a SR on this
>> issue. According to the supporter the delimiter is a double pipe, e.g.
>> 'user1@yahoo.com'||'user2@yahoo.com'. I was busy until now and did not
>> run any tests. It would be great if you could confirm this solution.
>> Greetings
>> Matthias
>>>

>
> Matthias, I �ve performed the tests you suggested but with no good
> results.
>
> I�ve tried with this examples:
>
> 'user1@test.com'||'user2@test.com'
> user1@test.com||user2@test.com
>
> If anyone else have another idea...
>
> Thanks!
> Juan
>
>
Greetings,


A. If you want to map in a list in the TO field of the Email Activity,
you only use one (1) set of single quotes. Meaning to start and end the
list and each entry is separated by two (2) pipe signs ||

For example:

'user1@test.com||user2@test.com||user3@test.com||user4@test.com'


B. The approach is to utilize code similar in the TO field of the Email
Activity

function getNotificationArrayList(){
var notifyArrayList = new java.util.ArrayList();
notifyArrayList.add(IDVault.get('CN=ablake,OU=users,O=data' , 'user',
'Email'));

notifyArrayList.add(IDVault.get('CN=achung,OU=users,O=data','user','Email'));
return notifyArrayList;
};
getNotifyArrayList();





--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
gupta1vipin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity


You can also try to put all the recipients in an ArrayList and run 'for'
loop in workflow itself to send emails to multiple users.


--
gupta1vipin
------------------------------------------------------------------------
gupta1vipin's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=86078
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450113

0 Likes
afolli Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity


Thanks for the info. This is really interesting.

Best regards,

Alessandro


--
afolli
------------------------------------------------------------------------
afolli's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=6964
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450113

0 Likes
JuanGallarreta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Send E-mail activity


In deed, thats what I´ve done.
I put all the recipients in an ArrayList and run 'for' loop.


--
JuanGallarreta
------------------------------------------------------------------------
JuanGallarreta's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=103129
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450113

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.