jrmhscht Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Soap Driver association value blank when from-merge

Hello,

I have a SOAP driver that isn't setting the association value correctly when the user has a DirXMLAssociations attribute that is missing the value like this: "cn=soapdriver,cn=driverset1,o=system#4#". If I delete the DirXMLAssociations attribute manually the driver associates correctly.

The users got into this state by doing a migration on them when they didn't have the account entitlement. The migrate event was vetoed but they kept the migration state association without a value. I'd like to be able to handle this fix in the driver and will clean up the users as well.

Here is the trace where I have tried a few things to fix it: https://pastebin.com/nWadHp16

What can I do to make sure the association value is set right?
Thanks,
Jeremiah
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Soap Driver association value blank when from-merge

jrmhscht;2493347 wrote:
Hello,

I have a SOAP driver that isn't setting the association value correctly when the user has a DirXMLAssociations attribute that is missing the value like this: "cn=soapdriver,cn=driverset1,o=system#4#". If I delete the DirXMLAssociations attribute manually the driver associates correctly.

The users got into this state by doing a migration on them when they didn't have the account entitlement. The migrate event was vetoed but they kept the migration state association without a value. I'd like to be able to handle this fix in the driver and will clean up the users as well.

Here is the trace where I have tried a few things to fix it: https://pastebin.com/nWadHp16

What can I do to make sure the association value is set right?
Thanks,
Jeremiah

I'd probably add a subscriber event transform rule to clean this up. Something like

if operation = sync
if association / association state = 4
remove association
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been able to get that to work because the user doesn't have an association value:

Code(-9145) Error in vnd.nds.stream://IDVDEV/system/driverset1/soapdriver/Subscriber/example-sub-mp#XmlData:15 : Unable to determine target object for action 'do-remove-association(arg-association(token-association()))'

In the posted trace, I started with a user that has cn=soapdriver,cn=driverset1,o=system#4#. When I add the account entitlement a modify event triggers on the driver with a blank association "<association state="associated"></association>". That is converted to an add, matches an existing user "<association>mz16766</association>", then converts to a modify with "<association>mz16766</association>". The event successfully updates the user in the end system, but the association is never updated with the value "mz16766".

If the user doesn't start with a blank association "cn=soapdriver,cn=driverset1,o=system#4#" it works correctly and he ends up with "cn=soapdriver,cn=driverset1,o=system#1#mz16766"
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 1/10/2019 2:54 PM, jrmhscht wrote:
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been able to get that to work
> because the user doesn't have an association value:
>
> Code(-9145) Error in
> vnd.nds.stream://IDVDEV/system/driverset1/soapdriver/Subscriber/example-sub-mp#XmlData:15
> : Unable to determine target object for action
> 'do-remove-association(arg-association(token-association()))'
>
> In the posted trace, I started with a user that has
> cn=soapdriver,cn=driverset1,o=system#4#. When I add the account
> entitlement a modify event triggers on the driver with a blank
> association "<association state="associated"></association>". That is
> converted to an add, matches an existing user
> "<association>mz16766</association>", then converts to a modify with
> "<association>mz16766</association>". The event successfully updates
> the user in the end system, but the association is never updated with
> the value "mz16766".
>
> If the user doesn't start with a blank association
> "cn=soapdriver,cn=driverset1,o=system#4#" it works correctly and he ends
> up with "cn=soapdriver,cn=driverset1,o=system#1#mz16766"

You will have to remove source attribute DirXML-Associations, a
structured attring where:
nameSpace = 4
volume = the auto GCV fro driver DN's
path = blank

The remove association token won't properly clear empty ones.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thanks geoff. I created a rule that is cleaning up the DirXML-Associations before vetoing non entitled events which will prevent this from happening.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.