ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Sync group to AD

Jump to solution

Hello! I have a problem with my AD driver. I have resources that are mapped into groups in AD and I want that when assigning a role / resource to a user, he / she will get into a group in AD. I also have IDM groups that are synchronized into AD groups. I want that when adding a user to a group in IDM, the user will be added to a group in AD. The driver has a "Use Group Entitlement" field. Which allows you to use only one of the listed modes. How to make it synchronized both by resource and by group?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
I would create resources for the synchronized groups.
Then use the eDir group for assigning the resource.
That way you use the entitlement for group membership of all groups.

Otherwhise you need to modify a bunch of policies in the driver to use both sorts of membership.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
I would create resources for the synchronized groups.
Then use the eDir group for assigning the resource.
That way you use the entitlement for group membership of all groups.

Otherwhise you need to modify a bunch of policies in the driver to use both sorts of membership.

View solution in original post

Knowledge Partner
Other important things for AD group synchronization: AD group must have an association with eDir group.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.