Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
386 views

Tracing Deploy time & IDM Prov

I see you can trace how long it takes to deploy things in Designer. Which is
nice to have sometimes.
However, I could not get this to work with deploying Provisioning things.

I have turned on other options, without luck so far. Is this possible? If so
what is the magic incantation?

--
If you find this post helpful, and are viewing this using the web, please show
your appreciation by clicking on the star below
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Tracing Deploy time & IDM Prov

On 1/28/2019 5:13 PM, Alex McHugh wrote:
> I see you can trace how long it takes to deploy things in Designer. Which is
> nice to have sometimes.
> However, I could not get this to work with deploying Provisioning things.


How do you trace how long it takes to Deploy? That seems quite
interesting to see.

> I have turned on other options, without luck so far. Is this possible? If so
> what is the magic incantation?
>


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Tracing Deploy time & IDM Prov

Geoffrey Carman wrote:

> On 1/28/2019 5:13 PM, Alex McHugh wrote:
> > I see you can trace how long it takes to deploy things in Designer. Which is
> > nice to have sometimes.
> > However, I could not get this to work with deploying Provisioning things.

>
> How do you trace how long it takes to Deploy? That seems quite interesting
> to see.
>


Window-> Show View -> Trace
Use Preferences icon on newly opened view (or just navigate in prefs) whioch
opens to Prefs -> NetIQ -Designer -> Trace

Turn on the following:
- Enable Tracing
- Show Plug-in names in the trace (optional but helpful)

But of course, this in itself is NOT enough.

Turn on the Trace import option there

Then go to Prefs -> NetIQ -Designer -> Identity Manager -> Import/Deploy

Turn on the following:
- Trace import and deploy event information
- Time import and deploy operations.

Note there are no such tab/options related to tracing for provisioning vew.
- so wondering if there is a super secret way to enable the UA tracing side.
Especially regarding deploy



--
If you find this post helpful, and are viewing this using the web, please show
your appreciation by clicking on the star below
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.