Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Unable to associate the server with the Driver Set. (Error -714) The operation was

Jump to solution

Hello,

When I try to associate a new server with a driver set I get the following error from iManager :

com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.UniqueSPIException: Error-714 The operation was not implemented

Same error in command line :

dxcmd -user adminXXX -host XXXXXXX -port 524 -password XXXXXX

NetIQ Identity Manager Command Line Utility
version 4.7.2.0
Copyright (c) 2017 NetIQ Corporation. All Rights Reserved

Logging in using:
host: XXXXXXX/yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:524
user: adminXXX
Using NDAP protocol
novell.jclient.JCException: request -714 ERR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED
at novell.jclient.JClient.request(Native Method)
at novell.jclient.JClient.ndsRequest(JClient.java:1197)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.util.DxCommand.sendWireRequest(DxCommand.java:1263)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.util.DxCommand.getDirXMLVersion(DxCommand.java:1638)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.util.DxCommand.login(DxCommand.java:1114)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.util.DxCommand.commandLine(DxCommand.java:556)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.util.DxCommand.main(DxCommand.java:518)

Identity Manager V 4.7.2 on Suse 12 , Edirectory V 9.1.4.  

I've already tried that :
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7002052

I'm a little confused. Any help is welcome.

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

714 usually means that the operation you tried, is not working on this box.

For example: If you try to associate a driver set to a server that does not have IDM installed, there is no dxevent to register it with, so you get an error.

Sort of like within IDM the 641 error when you try to do something you are not allowed to do.  Like view cache of a running driver.

Thus my first guess, does the server have dxevent/vrdim actually installed?  Are they set to autoload on eDir?  Maybe load them, and then try to associate it?

ndstrace -c "load dxevent" 

ndstrace -c "load vrdim"

I think one will not stay resident unless there is an associated driver set.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

714 usually means that the operation you tried, is not working on this box.

For example: If you try to associate a driver set to a server that does not have IDM installed, there is no dxevent to register it with, so you get an error.

Sort of like within IDM the 641 error when you try to do something you are not allowed to do.  Like view cache of a running driver.

Thus my first guess, does the server have dxevent/vrdim actually installed?  Are they set to autoload on eDir?  Maybe load them, and then try to associate it?

ndstrace -c "load vrdim"

I think one will not stay resident unless there is an associated driver set.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello 

I think you're on the right track.

ndstrace -c modules | grep dxevent
dxevent Not Loaded

ndstrace -c modules | grep vrdim
vrdim Not Loaded

ndstrace -c "load vrdim"

dxevent module could not be loaded: (-5984)

vrdim module could not be loaded: (-5984)

less env_idm
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=//opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/nds-modules/jre/lib/amd64://opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/nds-modules/jre/lib/amd64/server://opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/nds-modules/jre/lib/amd64/native_threads::$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/apr:/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64:/opt/novell/eDirectory/../lib64:/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/nds-modules:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
NDSD_TRY_NMASLOGIN_FIRST=true

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello,

Solution found \o/

for a dark reason I had to reinstall the novell-IDMCEFProcessorx RPM

After that, I can load the 2 modules and associate my server.

Thank you for setting me on track.

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

That is a new error to me. I guess you had the CEF logging enabled in your config somehow, but not the package so loading modules fails to load. Very odd. 

Crud, there was a Dstrace option that would actually show you the error when loading and I cannot recall what it was.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I had this problem on a windows server.  I had to re-run the install selecting custom, not typical.  Custom gives you the opportunity to specify your driverset.  The install process then added the association to the server.  Pro tip, don't tick the box for iManager.  That really slows down the install.

Peggy Townsend
Novacoast
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I should have read the TID you quoted before responding, but whatever.

Another possible option. Did you ever install the BiDir eDir changelog (or for IDG 3.5.1's "With changes" collector?) If you do that can 'break' the ability to run IDM on that server.  NTS can fix it with dsdump but we cannot as it is a hidden attribute on the NCP PSeudo Server object I think. (Dxcmd exposes the abilty to partially write to some of those attributes, but not all or even many I suppose.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Did you try logging into dxcmd with LDAP credentials as well? Same or similar error? Or does that work as expected?
Regular Contributor.

Same error ... 😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Worth trying, but I think the 714 is more about the code not working/running than NCP vs LDAP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.