New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Unable to connect to Vault, Designer 4.7.2

I am running into an issue with Designer 4.7.2 where there are some Vaults I am not able to connect. I tried using Secure and Non-Secure. I am certain the connection information is accurate as I verified connectivity via Apache Directory Studio, and loading DXCMD on the console and used an LDAP DN to connect. Both worked fine. As far as I can tell, the certificate used by Designer is good, and matches the one imported into Apache. There is nothing showing in the Error Log. I have tried both IP address and the DNS Name used in the Cert, no joy. When I try to import a new Identity Vault, I get an Error popup that says "Connection to the Identity Vault failed. Make sure that the credential information is valid". It is valid. When I try importing that vaults eDir2eDir driver, starting from the other vault (which has no connections issues), I get a similar message. The problem is, there are no details that I can find to explain the error.

Does anybody know where connection issues can be seen in Designer?

I have a project that has multiple trees, and right now all are at IDM 4.6.2, eDir 8.8.8.11, but they will be upgraded real soon. Of all the trees in the project, only two exhibit this behavior.

One of the ideas I was given was to try and replace the JDK used by Designer with an older version. I did replace the JDK used by Apache with the one used by Designer (pointed Apache directly at the Designer files) and Apache still connects.

As an FYI, in case anybody is looking, the certificate store for Designer can be found under the Designer\configuration folder called LDAPServerCerts (thank you Geoff Carman). It is a Java Keystore with password changeit.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TEdmonds;2499416 wrote:
I am running into an issue with Designer 4.7.2 where there are some Vaults I am not able to connect. I tried using Secure and Non-Secure. I am certain the connection information is accurate as I verified connectivity via Apache Directory Studio, and loading DXCMD on the console and used an LDAP DN to connect. Both worked fine. As far as I can tell, the certificate used by Designer is good, and matches the one imported into Apache. There is nothing showing in the Error Log. I have tried both IP address and the DNS Name used in the Cert, no joy. When I try to import a new Identity Vault, I get an Error popup that says "Connection to the Identity Vault failed. Make sure that the credential information is valid". It is valid. When I try importing that vaults eDir2eDir driver, starting from the other vault (which has no connections issues), I get a similar message. The problem is, there are no details that I can find to explain the error.

Does anybody know where connection issues can be seen in Designer?

I have a project that has multiple trees, and right now all are at IDM 4.6.2, eDir 8.8.8.11, but they will be upgraded real soon. Of all the trees in the project, only two exhibit this behavior.

One of the ideas I was given was to try and replace the JDK used by Designer with an older version. I did replace the JDK used by Apache with the one used by Designer (pointed Apache directly at the Designer files) and Apache still connects.

As an FYI, in case anybody is looking, the certificate store for Designer can be found under the Designer\configuration folder called LDAPServerCerts (thank you Geoff Carman). It is a Java Keystore with password changeit.

If this is problem related to JRE upgrade, yo can try adding below line into Designer.ini

-Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.object.disableEndpointIdentification=true

Regards,
Vrijendra
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.