ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Commodore
Commodore

Upgrading User Application from 4.7.3 to 4.8

My scenario:

UA 4.7.3 - Currently installed and working, I plan to move to 4.8.  After reading over the documentation, which is laughable, I find a couple of things that are hanging points and am hoping that someone else has moved past them and can provide assistance.

1. NGINX is not installed as part of 4.7, however it is needed when upgrading.  The upgrade documentation only mentions restarting the service but doesn't cover how to get it installed.  Running the install.sh script and selecting the UA to upgrade doesn't install this either, it simply lets you know that the new DB has to exist and then asks for the connection information to NGINX which doesn't exist as this service is not installed.  I currently have an open SR with them but support only refers me to incomplete documentation, not a resolution.
    1. I know that if you do a fresh install it will install NGINX, I'm hoping to not have to do a completely fresh install.
  2. The new DB it references igaworkflowdb, Does this have to be a separate DB from the existing UA DB or will the data migrate appropriately via the included Oracle Scripts?  I have seen where users have had issues when a single DB is used and have advised of a DB for the engine and DB for the apps.  Anyone have experience with that issue?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Hi jburns80,

I think at least part of the mentioned issues should be addressed by the "4.8 Upgrade Enablement Patch”:

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-48/identity-manager-4.8.0-upgrade-enablement-patch/data/identity-manager-4.8.0-upgrade-enablement-patch.html

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Philipp

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

I had looked at this previously but it didn't seem to fit the conditions we were experiencing but I'll give it a try. Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.