rs_0 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

User App Portal Stuck at Spinning Animation

Hi, we recently upgraded our User App environment from 4.6 to 4.7.1 and now when I attempt to log into the portal I just get a spinning animation. This only happens if I successfully login, and I can get past it if I remove the /#/default from the end of the URL and load the page. My guess is that something is failing to redirect but I am not sure where to look, I am still fairly new to the User App setup. This issue also didnt show up until we upgraded to 4.7.1. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: User App Portal Stuck at Spinning Animation

stampsr;2493642 wrote:
Hi, we recently upgraded our User App environment from 4.6 to 4.7.1 and now when I attempt to log into the portal I just get a spinning animation. This only happens if I successfully login, and I can get past it if I remove the /#/default from the end of the URL and load the page. My guess is that something is failing to redirect but I am not sure where to look, I am still fairly new to the User App setup. This issue also didnt show up until we upgraded to 4.7.1. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like a problem in the configuration of the application with OSP and the various "trust" relationships embedded in there.

You don't really log in to UserApp any more, it's federated. So you connect to UserApp, you're redirected to OSP. You authenticate to OSP, and are redirected back to UserApp. UserApp is also federated to eDirectory, with an NMAS method to do SAML.

To make all of this work, you need to have all of your certificates correct, and your federations correct, and all of the URLs in configupdate must be correct as well.
rs_0 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

A bad certificate turned out to be the issue. I had to login to the sspr site and update the ldap directory connection certificate. Once that was updated things started working properly.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

stampsr;2494141 wrote:
A bad certificate turned out to be the issue. I had to login to the sspr site and update the ldap directory connection certificate. Once that was updated things started working properly.

Yep, that'll do it. Thanks for following up, it's nice to know what the eventual resolution was.
0 Likes
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

stampsr;2493642 wrote:

Even though its been quite a while, I think there was a dodgy cookie from 4.6 that caused this.... tried clearing those out and starting a new browser session?

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.