Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Using cookie authentication with REST driver

I'm in the process of setting up a driver to connect with a REST endpoint where authentication is handled through cookies. Does anyone else here have experience with such a setup?

The main challenge, as I see it, is that when doing a call to the authentication service, the cookie returned will be in the response header, but I haven't found a good way to extract/catch the headers from the response.

Once I have the cookie in a driver variable, adding it to the header of outgoing requests should be straight-forward 🙂

Labels (1)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.