Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Windows Remote Loader Server OS Upgrade from 2008

Hello,

Can someone please share their experience or suggestions for the below scenario?

IDM Version:  Identity Manager 4.0.2.7 AE

AD Driver Version :4.0.2.0

Remote Loader server: 2008 R2(64-bit). Out platform team wants to upgrade Windows OS servers from 2008 to 2012 if possible 2016. Below is the approach we are thinking and let us know if you find any flaws.

STOP AD Driver/ STOP Remote Loader on Windows Server and Clone 2008 server and then upgrade to 2012.

Will there be any impact due to this? Remote loader start up issues or Password sync issues?

What is the ideal method to do this upgrade, Please share your inputs?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Windows Remote Loader Server OS Upgrade from 2008

According to your explanation, you going to use Windows "in-place upgrade".

In this case, you don't need extra activities: registry key and all files will stay in the same place and you can continue to use the same RL.

I can recommend to upgrade RL to the new version (for better compatibility with Windows 2016)

If you going to install "new" Windows DC (instead in-place upgrade), you have to go through the full RL installation procedure and repoint driver to this server.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thank you! Yes. We are trying for an in-place upgrade. I agree  that upgrading the RL will make it more compatible but Do you think the existing RL will break or cause any issue with 2012 OS? just out of curiosity.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Officially 4.0.2 is "out of support".
To be honest, I don't expect any issue.
I have 4.0.2.7 RL working with Windows 2008/2012 OS in the "simple" (LDAP) mode.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.