Commodore
Commodore

Workflow in jdbc

Hello! I have a jdbc driver that is linked to a database informix. On the subscriber channel, changes are written to the database using a stored procedure that I call from the driver.
On the publisher channel I have mapped the idm directly to the user class. Can I make sure that all changes that occur in the informix database and are transmitted through the publisher channel first go through the workflow approval, and if the answer is yes, then add changes to idm, if negative, then do not add changes to idm?
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

There is no direct way, out of the box

What you can do is in the JDBC  driver, catch all publisher channel events, bundle them up in some fashion and submit it to a workflow that shows the data, and if approved, the workflow makes the changes. If not, ditch the event.

It is hard to solve this super generically but not hard for a somewhat constrained use case.  (Small set of objects and classes).

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Did I understand correctly what to configure so that the jdbc driver writes changes not to the user class, but to some other class. Start workflow with this class. And if the changes are accepted, then write to the user class.
Knowledge Partner

Something like that.  Basically in the Publisher channel, Pub-command, likely, you catch a modify and read teh data and send toa  PRD.   The problem is, doing this in a general, works for all data, fashion is hard.

Any solution you come up with will likely be very site specific.  Which is fine, but as I say a general solution is hard.

Commodore
Commodore

Today I noticed that there is an action "start wotkflow" in the publisher channel policies. In this activity, I can send mutable attributes and use workflow. Haven't tried this method yet, but most likely this is what you need. I can not figure out what to write in "inter recipient dn"
Knowledge Partner

Start Workflow i s available pretty much everywhere in Policy. 

I am not quite sure what you are suggesting now?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.