schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.
314 views

Workflows not committing changes

We have some workflows that are appearing to run to completion, but are not actually committing changes. They are rather simple workflows that had previously worked, where a user object is retrieved through the DAL, a change to a few attributes, and then submitted back. Nothing I can tell were changes that should have broke this. The user has full access to eDirectory so that doesn't seem to be the issue either. I have set the logging level to trace for User Application and nothing is standing out as to where the issue is occurring.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Marcus Tornberg Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Workflows not committing changes

schwoerb;2499756 wrote:
We have some workflows that are appearing to run to completion, but are not actually committing changes. They are rather simple workflows that had previously worked, where a user object is retrieved through the DAL, a change to a few attributes, and then submitted back. Nothing I can tell were changes that should have broke this. The user has full access to eDirectory so that doesn't seem to be the issue either. I have set the logging level to trace for User Application and nothing is standing out as to where the issue is occurring.


Hi!

I assume you are describing an entity activity in the workflow?

Do you see anything if you turn on LDAP logging on the IDM engine server?

Best regards
Marcus
0 Likes
schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Workflows not committing changes

Thank you for your help!

I was not seeing the modify which was the issue. After tracing out a workflow that was working, I did find the eventual issue. When I had to rebuild my Designer workspace I must not have pulled the latest code deploy for that workflow, which another co-worker built (who is no longer here). The entity modify javascript wasn't complete. It was missing a few lines that I hadn't noticed when I did a quick visual compare.

Lesson learned, I should have taken the extra time up front to use the XMLDiff from Oxygen XML and compare the export from dev to the export from prod instead of jumping to reading traces.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.