Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
548 views

Working with BiDirectional eDirectory driver


Hi,

I have a BiDirectional eDirectory driver configured in IDM 402,
the subscriber channel is work fine,
but the publisher channel not detected events in the connected eDir (8.8
SP6) (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga)).

How I can know if the changelog module is work fine ?
where is the file .log of the changelog?


any suggestions?


--
eden_silva
------------------------------------------------------------------------
eden_silva's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=234
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=46427

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Working with BiDirectional eDirectory driver

On 12/19/2012 6:44 PM, eden silva wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a BiDirectional eDirectory driver configured in IDM 402,
> the subscriber channel is work fine,
> but the publisher channel not detected events in the connected eDir (8.8
> SP6) (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga)).
>
> How I can know if the changelog module is work fine ?
> where is the file .log of the changelog?


I am pretty sure the driver trace, at startup should show the Changelog
settings. I think level 3 suffices for this.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Working with BiDirectional eDirectory driver


hi,

the trace is in level 3,
I see the following in the .log of driver:


[12/19/12 17:43:32.747]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
[12/19/12 17:43:42.752]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
[12/19/12 17:43:52.757]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
[12/19/12 17:44:02.760]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.541]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.542]:MID-LDAP PT:Receiving DOM document from
application.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.542]:MID-LDAP PT:
<nds dtdversion="4.0">
<source>
<product instance="MID-LDAP" version="4.0.1.0">Identity Manager
Bi-directional Driver for eDirectory</product>
<contact>Novell, Inc.</contact>
</source>
<input>
<status level="success" type="heartbeat"/>
</input>
</nds>
[12/19/12 17:44:12.544]:MID-LDAP PT:Applying input transformation
policies.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.544]:MID-LDAP PT:Applying policy:
%+C%14CPubITP-1%-C.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.544]:MID-LDAP PT: Applying to status #1.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.545]:MID-LDAP PT: Evaluating selection criteria
for rule 'Check association'.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.545]:MID-LDAP PT: (if-operation equal
"add-association") = FALSE.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.546]:MID-LDAP PT: Rule rejected.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.546]:MID-LDAP PT: Evaluating selection criteria
for rule 'Check whether the driver has been fully initialized'.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.546]:MID-LDAP PT: (if-operation match
"add|modify|delete|move|rename") = FALSE.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.547]:MID-LDAP PT: Rule rejected.
[12/19/12 17:44:12.547]:MID-LDAP PT:Policy returned:
[12/19/12 17:44:12.547]:MID-LDAP PT:
<nds dtdversion="4.0">
<source>
<product instance="MID-LDAP" version="4.0.1.0">Identity Manager
Bi-directional Driver for eDirectory</product>
<contact>Novell, Inc.</contact>
</source>
<input>
<status level="success" type="heartbeat"/>
</input>
</nds>


--
eden_silva
------------------------------------------------------------------------
eden_silva's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=234
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=46427

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Working with BiDirectional eDirectory driver

Recall the part where I suggested, "at startup".


On 12/19/2012 7:14 PM, eden silva wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> the trace is in level 3,
> I see the following in the .log of driver:
>
>
> [12/19/12 17:43:32.747]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
> intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
> [12/19/12 17:43:42.752]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
> intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
> [12/19/12 17:43:52.757]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
> intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
> [12/19/12 17:44:02.760]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
> intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.541]:MID-LDAP PT:MID-LDAP: EdirPublisher - No
> intermediate response from server... will re-check after 10 Seconds.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.542]:MID-LDAP PT:Receiving DOM document from
> application.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.542]:MID-LDAP PT:
> <nds dtdversion="4.0">
> <source>
> <product instance="MID-LDAP" version="4.0.1.0">Identity Manager
> Bi-directional Driver for eDirectory</product>
> <contact>Novell, Inc.</contact>
> </source>
> <input>
> <status level="success" type="heartbeat"/>
> </input>
> </nds>
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.544]:MID-LDAP PT:Applying input transformation
> policies.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.544]:MID-LDAP PT:Applying policy:
> %+C%14CPubITP-1%-C.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.544]:MID-LDAP PT: Applying to status #1.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.545]:MID-LDAP PT: Evaluating selection criteria
> for rule 'Check association'.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.545]:MID-LDAP PT: (if-operation equal
> "add-association") = FALSE.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.546]:MID-LDAP PT: Rule rejected.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.546]:MID-LDAP PT: Evaluating selection criteria
> for rule 'Check whether the driver has been fully initialized'.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.546]:MID-LDAP PT: (if-operation match
> "add|modify|delete|move|rename") = FALSE.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.547]:MID-LDAP PT: Rule rejected.
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.547]:MID-LDAP PT:Policy returned:
> [12/19/12 17:44:12.547]:MID-LDAP PT:
> <nds dtdversion="4.0">
> <source>
> <product instance="MID-LDAP" version="4.0.1.0">Identity Manager
> Bi-directional Driver for eDirectory</product>
> <contact>Novell, Inc.</contact>
> </source>
> <input>
> <status level="success" type="heartbeat"/>
> </input>
> </nds>
>
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Working with BiDirectional eDirectory driver

The module, like all eDir modules, shows up in ndstrace (on the remote
side, of course). Be sure you followed the docs as (from experience) they
work.

Good luck.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Working with BiDirectional eDirectory driver

On 12/19/2012 11:36 PM, ab wrote:
> The module, like all eDir modules, shows up in ndstrace (on the remote
> side, of course). Be sure you followed the docs as (from experience) they
> work.


So at the remote eDir server, console, as root, run
ndstrace

in the windowy thingy it opens, type
modules

read the list, looking to see if changelog is listed and running? (PS
What is its name in ndstrace -c modules anyway?)

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Working with BiDirectional eDirectory driver

On 12/20/2012 01:11 PM, Geoffrey Carman wrote:
> On 12/19/2012 11:36 PM, ab wrote:
>> The module, like all eDir modules, shows up in ndstrace (on the remote
>> side, of course). Be sure you followed the docs as (from experience)
>> they
>> work.

>
> So at the remote eDir server, console, as root, run
> ndstrace
>
> in the windowy thingy it opens, type
> modules
>
> read the list, looking to see if changelog is listed and running? (PS
> What is its name in ndstrace -c modules anyway?)
>

These are the files of the changelog Modules:

systemxx:~ # rpm -ql novell-DXMLChlg-4.0.1-0
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/libdirxml.so
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/libdirxml.so.3
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/libdirxml.so.3.0.0
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules/libcldxevent.la
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules/libcldxevent.so.3
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules/libcldxevent.so.3.0.0
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules/libdxevent.so
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules/libxclldap.la
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules/libxclldap.so
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules/libxclldap.so.3
/opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/nds-modules/libxclldap.so.3.0.0

to check if it is loaded:

'ndstrace -c modules' should list dxevent and ldapxs as running.

Additionally, you will have a TAO File in the dibdir

T.


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.